Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I go to court yesterday to deal with this BS ovi charge I got.
Long story short, my public defender did NOTHING to prepare for my case, and was EXTREMELY late. The judge got mad and started court BEFORE SHE WAS EVEN THERE.
The prosecutor starts questioning the 1st witness (the guy involved in my accident) and the guy says SO much contradicting stuff, a 4th grader coulda gone to town on him during cross-exam.
But no. She had NO ?'s for him.
Then the State Trooper gets up on the stand, AND LIES, and then claims "oh our cruiser video cam wasnt working that day....." and this chick (my lawyer) doesnt question him at all either.
So the judge just starts spittin off his ruling, all fire and brimstone like I deserved it, and asks me if I have anything I'd like to say.
I tell him yea, I feel I've been misrepresented and would like to claim mistrial due to my inadequate lawyer (whom they provided me with).
He simply says "no."
I say, well I just wanna let you know I feel I've received no justice whatsoever, and that I shouldnt have to pay for my Lawyer's faults.
Judge looks at me with a crooked grin and goes (and this is no lie):
"Whatever, court dismissed"

So guess what? No liscense for a year, $375 in court costs, and I have to pay $700 in restitution to the guy involved in the accident (to pay for renting him a car to drive to court, for his gas, AND his frickin food durin the trip there and back!!)

So thats round one, round 2's on the 13th, where I got a driving under OVI suspension charge, and a no ops charge.
6 months in the county, a couple more years suspension, and a bunch more fines, HERE I COME!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
g0CRXg0 said:
So, I go to court yesterday to deal with this BS ovi charge I got.
Long story short, my public defender did NOTHING to prepare for my case, and was EXTREMELY late. The judge got mad and started court BEFORE SHE WAS EVEN THERE.
The prosecutor starts questioning the 1st witness (the guy involved in my accident) and the guy says SO much contradicting stuff, a 4th grader coulda gone to town on him during cross-exam.
But no. She had NO ?'s for him.
Then the State Trooper gets up on the stand, AND LIES, and then claims "oh our cruiser video cam wasnt working that day....." and this chick (my lawyer) doesnt question him at all either.
So the judge just starts spittin off his ruling, all fire and brimstone like I deserved it, and asks me if I have anything I'd like to say.
I tell him yea, I feel I've been misrepresented and would like to claim mistrial due to my inadequate lawyer (whom they provided me with).
He simply says "no."
I say, well I just wanna let you know I feel I've received no justice whatsoever, and that I shouldnt have to pay for my Lawyer's faults.
Judge looks at me with a crooked grin and goes (and this is no lie):
"Whatever, court dismissed"

So guess what? No liscense for a year, $375 in court costs, and I have to pay $700 in restitution to the guy involved in the accident (to pay for renting him a car to drive to court, for his gas, AND his frickin food durin the trip there and back!!)

So thats round one, round 2's on the 13th, where I got a driving under OVI suspension charge, and a no ops charge.
6 months in the county, a couple more years suspension, and a bunch more fines, HERE I COME!
OVI? Call me stupid but I dont know what this is.

By the way, that's bull****, why didnt you get a real lawyer??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
HackAbuse said:
OVI? Call me stupid but I dont know what this is.

By the way, that's [bologne], why didnt you get a real lawyer??
Ok, you're stupid. (I'm just kidding, I dont know what it is either)

I don't know the whole story, but based on your comments it sounds like you were driving on a suspended lisence and got in an accident? It was the other guy's fault, but you're being charged with the whole thing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
Here in PA, if you're driving and you aren't supposed to be (whether it's from suspended license, DUI or whatever) you're at fault. You weren't supposed to be on the road and you were. Bottom line, it's your fault 100% since you weren't supposed to be there at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
Let me make sure I am understanding this properly:

1-You were arrested for OVI (it means "DUI" in Ohio) at some point.

2- At some point after that, during the administrative license suspension period for the OVI, you were driving on a suspended license and got in a crash?

3- You didn't hire your own attorney.

4- You expect me to believe that the cop lied under oath (risking his career and possibly jail time) just to get a conviction for misdemeanor OVI?

5- You expect me to believe that the judge let the trial proceed without your counsel present?

Do I have my facts straight?

I will tell you that you're not going to get much sympathy here for any of this. Least of all from me.

Drinking and Driving is moronic.
Driving on a suspended license is "just ig'nant."

:rolleyes1:
LOL arent you one of those smartass' we were tryin to get out of the community? Poppin off at the mouth when its not your place? man I thought I was rid of you guys......

Anyway smart guy, OVI means Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated, not DUI, which is Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol. Big difference: driving drunk, driving on drugs.
Yea I got a ALS for it and was unaware as I wasnt informed it came with the charge, and yes I got into an accident while driving under that suspension.

I dont care what you believe, but I absolutely ASSURE you the cop lied.
And as a matter of fact, I won a past traffic case b/c of a cop lying under oath, and that was for a equipment violation, in case you've been in a coma for.... oh IDK... forever?..... than youd know this: COPS LIE
not to mention cheat steal misinform manipulate etc etc etc

and WTF makes you think a judge wont start a trial w/o my lawyer being there? when the docket says 10:15, they mean 10:15, not 11:30

and who do you think you are to knock me for not hiring a lawyer?
you footin the bill, asshole? regardless of what you might think, not everyone in the CRX community is a rich middle aged jerk, or a young rich kid. there is a such thing as middle class you know, or are you a republican?

So yeah here's the dealio for those of you who dont know:
I was in a big fight with my girl and I was pulled off at a offramp exit, and a trucker tapped the back of my car.
I got out and went off on him b/c I was so pissed, and he called the cops and told them I was making threats and whatnot.
So they got there and I was still goin off, and they thought I was drunk b/c of it.
PAY ATTENTION HERE: I then took 2, I repeat, 2 breathalizer tests, blowing 00.00 both times.
THE COP TESTIFIED THAT I NOT ONLY DIDNT TAKE A BREATHALIZER, BUT REFUSED.
Are you gonna tell me I just thought that up? didnt think so (smartass)
anyway, so they then thought I was on drugs and wanted me to do the sobriety tests.
Now I got bad nerves to begin with, and trust me, cops arent my friends, so they scared me. I passed all the sobriety tests, except for the 1ft balance one.
So they said I need to go to the station and take a piss test, and I obliged.
I then got there, and was drinkin water to hurry the process, when they told me I no longer needed to take the test and theyd be lettin me go in the mornin.
HERE"S THE BIG MISTAKE: I believed them (what a dumbass everyone knows you cant trust pigs)
Next day I pulled into court being told I've been charged with all this crap

So yea, you tell me where I went wrong in the process. Cause I really just dont feel like I did anything wrong (seeing how I didnt drink and drive, or do anything)
your sympathy is wanted, or appreciated if you got it, I simply made this post to tell people in the community who I know, whats goin on with me. I dont expect sympathy or want it from anybody, but Im glad to inform you that the law system of our country is horrible, and corrupt.

in the EXACT closing words of my judge from the other day: whatever.
(and that is NO LIE how he ended it: "whatever' and down went the javal or whatever its called)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
So you weren't DUI, you were driving on drugs? So much better. This was a mature idea to post this on a CRX enthusiast forum. It's great that you were fucked up, driving on the same roads as us.

Boo hoo hoo. I'm glad you're off the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
g0CRXg0, you may want to consider that what's giving you trouble is the fact that you're letting your emotions get the better of you. I read your posts and I can visualize those people you always see on COPS on TV. You sound irrational; you need to learn to "get your Spock on."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Talking and typing in anger only make you look worse man....

"get your Spock on"....I srsly LOL'd.....

So, was the original crime drinking or pot? Either way you got whats coming your way man, time to think about bad behavior and alter it.

Im with Williamson on this one man. Sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
g0CRXg0 said:
MarkWilliamson said:
Let me make sure I am understanding this properly:

1-You were arrested for OVI (it means "DUI" in Ohio) at some point.

2- At some point after that, during the administrative license suspension period for the OVI, you were driving on a suspended license and got in a crash?

3- You didn't hire your own attorney.

4- You expect me to believe that the cop lied under oath (risking his career and possibly jail time) just to get a conviction for misdemeanor OVI?

5- You expect me to believe that the judge let the trial proceed without your counsel present?

Do I have my facts straight?

I will tell you that you're not going to get much sympathy here for any of this. Least of all from me.

Drinking and Driving is moronic.
Driving on a suspended license is "just ig'nant."

:rolleyes1:
LOL arent you one of those smartass' we were tryin to get out of the community? Poppin off at the mouth when its not your place? man I thought I was rid of you guys......

Anyway smart guy, OVI means Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated, not DUI, which is Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol. Big difference: driving drunk, driving on drugs.
Yea I got a ALS for it and was unaware as I wasnt informed it came with the charge, and yes I got into an accident while driving under that suspension.

I dont care what you believe, but I absolutely ASSURE you the cop lied.
And as a matter of fact, I won a past traffic case b/c of a cop lying under oath, and that was for a equipment violation, in case you've been in a coma for.... oh IDK... forever?..... than youd know this: COPS LIE
not to mention cheat steal misinform manipulate etc etc etc
And you are any better than the people who are telling you otherwise?
If you wanted sympathy or a shoulder to cry on, you should have NEVER posted this on here.

I have no love for someone driving next to me who is high or drunk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
LOL arent you one of those smartass' we were tryin to get out of the community? Poppin off at the mouth when its not your place? man I thought I was rid of you guys......
You're an idot for even thinking that comment, let alone making it. lol.
Mark has more respect on here in his left nut than you have in your whole body.

Mark, you know we all got your back and you're a very respected member of this community.
[sarcasm] Please don't leave the forums because of this, we'll miss you... [/sarcasm]

I'm curious, what was the reason you got in an accident in the first place?
Since you're OBVIOUSLY the victim here... please enlighten us how it happened.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top