Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by the body shop this morning that is handling the bodywork on the Project Blues Clues CRX, and the undercoating is completely done and came out GREAT! The undercoating being used here is actually a special thin-coat of RhinoLiner... It'll last forever, and Protect the underside of the car a LOT. Also, it'll help quiet down road noise, so we don't have to do any interior sound deadening... kills two birds with one tamale'.

So far, everything is looking absolutely perfect... we have some trimming to do, and shaving on the undercoating, but its worth it to have this liner on the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dren: Yea, i'll PM you a reaslistic estimate.

baker_jeff: Thanks! But as for your estimate, keep goin...

Azulito: You're tellin me... lol. Now i have to get MY car done. I wish this one were mine, it's coming out beautiful!

iLLA: Dirt, rock, chip, chemical proof... hehe. Yea, it turns out VERY good. I'm very happy with the process the shop does that did it.. they are so good. They didn't get ANY on my rotisserie rack... lol.

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
That's freakin' sweet. Do me next. Oh wait, I have to pay for it? Damn... :lol:

I don't ever expect to come into that kind of spare change, short of winning the lottery, but then I don't even play.

So is all the bodywork finished? Last time I saw pics of this project, the left side rear quarter panel was peeled off and the right side was on back order. How did all that turn out?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jfro: The bodywork is mostly done... the passenger side panel had to be fixed, as there was not another one available... that part is nowhere, except maybe overseas, and it would have been a LOT of money to import a box that size. But the driver side is replaced and welded in. The car will be getting the finish-bodywork done this and half of next week, and hopefully painted by the end of the week... but we'll see. Things never take as short of a time as estimated.

Baker: ^ (i won't post an exact amount on the forum here, because every setup is different... if you'd like to think about doing this for your own car, the best thing to do would create a sheet of -exactly- what you are wanting done, and i can give you an estmate based off of that... But look at it this way... think about the price of some major Hot Rods that are built (Like Boyds, Foose, etc)... you're talking about cars that start out between $80-100,000 to build and higher.

The thing to think about, is that the exact same amount of work and attention to detail is required with building this CRX as is required to build one of those show Hot Rods
)

Stickershop: Due to the level of difficulty required for the undercoating, be prepared to spend between $1000 to $2000 to have it done. A basic bedliner for a wsmall pickup truck costs about $6-800, so you can see where the cost is coming from.

crxfisher: Yes, it'll DEFINITELY be an incredible car 8) I'm proud that i can be a part of this project.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
baker: LoL... yea, i hate it when posts fall on certain numbers to.. heh. And yea, keep buyin them tickets ;) I'll be waiting!

downest: I have a couple of interested people who would like to have some bigger projects done, but nothing quite this 'out there' as far as CRX's are concerned. However, i do have a Hot Rod lined up that i am going to do... More on this at a later date.. hehe. But it is every bit as complicated as the CRX project.

As far as timeline is concerned, the CRX is approaching 6-7 months so far i think. Most of this time (90%) was spent at the body shop so far... due to issues, complications, and just dealing with a project like this that needed so much work in the bodywork department, that timeframe is normal. If the car needed -nothing- but media blasting, and then paint and undercoating, it probably would have been less than a month. But the motor still isn't here either, so that would have held it up as well. Its the little things that just get in the way and make life completely aggrivating sometimes :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.