Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Fall's Japanese Calssic Car Show was covered by the Japanese magazine Car Boy. It took me a while, but I finally got a scan of my picture in the January issue.

The ballon next to my head says. "I love my Ew-4 Honda."

And the caption of the picture says, "This is called Barad CR-X, bought 6ys ago Scot likes this engine head. Momo wheel feels 60's "

Or so I have been told. It could also say, "This stupid guy can not read Japanese and we could be saying anything we like about him and his car."

·
Registered
272 Posts
Actually the balloon says "In Japan this is Ballade CRX" or something like that. I couldn't detect any insults in the text, but it was a little hard to decipher in low-resolution and with only a couple years of Japanese under my belt! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I work with some JDM humans and he said it says something about Barad CR-X, but he doesn't really understand the comment. I confirmed that they're not making fun of how retarded you look though!

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That's a really cool keep-sake. Car-boy is a really big magazine. Too bad you couldn't bring the car back as a...err....keep-sake too :p

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stickershop said:
That's a really cool keep-sake. Car-boy is a really big magazine. Too bad you couldn't bring the car back as a...err....keep-sake too :p
Maybe you mis-understood. That ia picture of me and my car in Long Beach California.

Not that I would ever consider selling my 1st Gen, but... if some rich guy in Japan saw my car, tracked me down and offered me tons of money. Well, I would miss that car.

Scott

·
Registered
452 Posts
That is sweet!

I miss my 1st gen. :cry:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Is Ballade what the first CRX was called?
From Wikipedia:
The Honda CR-X, originally launched as the Honda Ballade Sports CR-X in Japan, was a compact sports car manufactured by Honda. The first generation CR-X was sold in some regions outside Japan as the Honda Civic CR-X. The "CR-X" name is said by some to stand for "Civic Renaissance-Experimental".

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
cbstd said:
Maybe you mis-understood. That ia picture of me and my car in Long Beach California.
:oops: Yup... misunderstood. I thought that was a pic of you in front of someone else's car in Japan. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
[/quote]
That ia picture of me and my car in Long Beach California.

Scott[/quote]

:p
That was taken in Long Beach all right. I can see the Queen Mary at the background. Is this an annual thing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts