Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dragged my 91 CRX Si SE out of my friends barn to start working on it and decided to take a few pics beforehand. I realized that it really needs some attention!
I also put on the 13" wheels and tires I had kicking around my basement.
These should be slick for autoX. I had bought a full Type R setup, but sold it as my DD needed some attention, so I needed the cash. :(

Warning: The car has been sitting in a barn for 3 mos. and was driven home the other night in the rain, so it's very dirty(and too cold to clean right now)
So please go easy on me.

Oh, I DIDN'T FLAT BLACK IT. I BOUGHT IT LIKE THAT! :x

My Cloth JDM Backseat. I've never seen one before, or since.

My CRX's home.

There she is all snug in her bed......

Here's my old 1G CRX

Thanks for looking. The car will get painted one of these days. My DD (93 Si coupe)needs work, and seeing as that's what get's me to work, that's whats getting all the money at the moment.
I have some great stuff planned for the CRX, all I need is some time and money. I married with 2 kids so I rarely get time to play, but that's OK.

8)

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toxiclows said:
It is nice to see ne all snug up in there bed. . .

it looks comfy there. . .

i actually like the look of the flat black but that is no color for an SE..
I agree, that is no colour for an SE. It will be VSM again, if it kills me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's funny, not the response I expected.

When I had the car appraised, the guy said, wow, really nice car but man is your paint screwed up. So he valued the car much less.

It looks mean, and with the CF hood and black wheels, even meaner. The car needs paint bad though, the guy didn't even sand it, just took a spray can and painted over the stock colour :rolleyes1:

If it wasn't an SE, I would probably leave it FB, but seeing as it is, it should be silver. Right?

Thanks for the 1G love, it was a cool car, but like many 1G's was rotten underneath all the plastic.

Here's what I sold to buy the CRX...........and put a new roof onmy house.

BTW, I love this site. I've really enjoyed the quality level here. Some really good members and great cars. I can't wait for the N meet.

D.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks people!! :D

My 1G was a cool car, but the 2G is such a better car in every way.

The CRX is a better track car than my EG was and my 1G, I just need to make it look like they did. I hate black cars(both my cars are black), and I love red cars(can you tell?) I'd love to do the SE in Red, and may still. Sometimes I think it's a great idea, other times not so much.

I guess it would be wrong to paint it red, it should be silver. When I look at my Red cars, it makes me want a red 2G.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Who says you need to go Silver? Just cause it's an SE doesn't mean it has to be silver. Silver is just the only car it came in. I say paint it the color you want because you will be driving it. If I had to repaint my car, I would never paint it white even tho that's the color it came in.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Masta said:
Thanks stick, how's your's coming along anyway? I haven't seen any updates in a while.
No updates at this time. Been broke and broken, so I'm only doing work on little things that I can handle right now. Hopefully I'll have some more major updates by the spring :)

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
If he just rattle canned over the top of the VSM, you could wet sand the paint off, buff it out, and it *could* look good depending on the condition of the original paint...and it would cost less than a full repaint.

It does look pretty sweet though in flat black, and I'm liking those wheels. What are they?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Hey Darren, that EG Hatch you had looks mint man !!!!

Anyways, slowly but surely, you should full restore every nut and bolt on that Crx Se. It'll be worth something in the future for sure.

·
Registered
633 Posts
rex2nr said:
If he just rattle canned over the top of the VSM, you could wet sand the paint off, buff it out, and it *could* look good depending on the condition of the original paint...and it would cost less than a full repaint.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Gently wet sand the car with something like 400-600 and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts