Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
rex2nr said:
If he just rattle canned over the top of the VSM, you could wet sand the paint off, buff it out, and it *could* look good depending on the condition of the original paint...and it would cost less than a full repaint.

It does look pretty sweet though in flat black, and I'm liking those wheels. What are they?
I've thought of that, the original was in great shape, won't I damage the clear by doing that? I'm no paint guy, but maybe it's worth a try.

I have no idea what the wheels are, I bought them from a friend, they are 13x6 with some crazy offset. They have been powdercoated to death, they actually have runs in the powdercoating. They suit the car though, and they'll be great for the track.

Thanks for the tip on the paint.

· Registered
9,843 Posts
yea, just use a real fine paper,
I know Shorte suggested 400-600, I would say use a 6-800. You could then wet sand again with a higher grit paper before buffing. If you do it lightly, and watch your edges, you should be fine. I can't imagine the flat black being that durable, or thick.

· Registered
632 Posts
Something else just came to mind, you might be able to use something like lacquer thinner on a rag and just wipe/rub it off if the primmer is thin and crappy enough. I wouldn't hose the car down with it though. lol

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Actual Laquer thinner? I've definitely thought about that one. The fenders on the car are JDM and I have the originals in the basement(that are silver still), so maybe that's a good place to start. I don't mind wrecking the paint on the JDM ones as they were originally red. Should I dilute it at all? It won't damage the original finish?

· Registered
675 Posts
That flat black will absorb radar better than the shinny stuff...OEM is the shizzle though. I like both, the flat black and the shiny OEM. If you have kids, give them some chalk and let them loose on the black, they love that stuff

· Registered
27 Posts
Love the car man, digging the black but just because its a special edition i would love to see it be painted silver. all in all nice car, whatever your decision is, im sure it'll turn out pretty sweet. Good Luck man! :D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.