Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. OBD0 resistor boxes, I have 2 si boxs and one HF....
Im going to have to borrow a plug from one so Im wondering if they are the same....And if I need to swap this when I swap the d16a6 into my HF...

2. Also will OBD2 injector clips fit OBD0 injectors?

3. Is there any difference in the 88-91 compensator arms for the trailing arm on the rear? The compensator arm from 90si im taking the rear disk brakes from is bent, badly...

4. And this is the big one, what all, besides the EGR on the HF, am I going to run into when putting the d16a6 into my 88HF. I noticed today its got a shift light....which is kinda odd....

5. Is the Si's pedal assembaly stronger than the HFs? I know this was mentioned in jfrolangs swap thread...

And 6th, prepare for more threads from me, since the HF is running now...heh...its ON NOW!

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Angry said:
1. OBD0 resistor boxes, I have 2 si boxs and one HF....
Im going to have to borrow a plug from one so Im wondering if they are the same....And if I need to swap this when I swap the d16a6 into my HF...

When we did stef's car, we used the HF harness/resistor pack with the Si injectors, no problems.

2. Also will OBD2 injector clips fit OBD0 injectors?
No, but if you can get them, you can use OBD2 injectors with their clips, I'm using some and the clips are a lot easier to get on and off.

3. Is there any difference in the 88-91 compensator arms for the trailing arm on the rear? The compensator arm from 90si im taking the rear disk brakes from is bent, badly...
I *think* they are the same, 88 may be different from 89-91.

4. And this is the big one, what all, besides the EGR on the HF, am I going to run into when putting the d16a6 into my 88HF. I noticed today its got a shift light....which is kinda odd....
If you look in my engine swap article under the "Chassis Notes" you will see how to rewire the HF's shift light to work with the Si's FICSV. You can toss the EGR.

5. Is the Si's pedal assembaly stronger than the HFs? I know this was mentioned in jfrolangs swap thread...
The Si pedal assembly is stronger than both the DX and HF ones, you probably won't notice with a stock clutch, but you may as well replace it if you have one.

And 6th, prepare for more threads from me, since the HF is running now...heh...its ON NOW!
Feel free to ask anything, we put the A6 in stefano's HF a while ago, pretty much the same thing you will be doing. It's pretty easy.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, YOU ARE THE MAN! :hail: (Sorry lots of excitment today involving 3 fixed hondas in 2 days...!)

I alrdy have the obd2 clips, infact I have a whole harness from a 99 EK DX....thanks to the d16y8 swap I helped with. But I dont have 240cc OBD2 injectors.
However, I will probably get them when I goto do the y8 topend swap. (head and intake mani) Im seriously considering swaping OBD2 190cc injectors into the HF with the OBD2 clips (which I also have lol) and removing the resistor box. Just to put myself a step ahead....or something like that. (Still got the OBD1 conversion as well)

I think I understand how to wire up the FICSV, seems like it'll be simple as long as I figur out where everything is exactly.

Can anyone confirm the comensator arms? I looked and they "look" the same..... :juggle:

Lots of plans for the lil HF now that its alive, but actually doing them has been the best part. :D 8)

Thanks, any further info is much appericated.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New question...

What all is involved with swaping in tilt steering?
I noticed yesterday the HF doesnt have it, and Im not used the position its in lol...(hey Im a short dude!!).... I have 2 Si columns, the 90si's, and the 89si's....

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody have an idea on the steering column...I was looking at both today (in kinda a hurry though) but I think I'd rather use the one from the 89Si..... But how is the key cylinder mounted in?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Sorry I missed this last time... I haven't done this in a CRX, but I think it's about the same as a G1 teg, so here you go:

The ignition key switch is held in with one-way sheared off flathead screws. You need to either notch them and take them out or drill them out. The column is held up by 4 bolts/studs (I think 2 of each) right under the cluster, you may have to remove the fusebox to get to them. Then follow the steering column to the firewall, the end of it is splined and fits into a splined hole with a bolt that tightens it. If you look at it it's pretty straightforward, remove all the bolts, drop the column down, and loosen that one on the end, and pull, it will come right out.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No biggie about missing, Im just trying to compile everything here...

I was worried about the fuse box.

I think all the compensator arms are the same, I ripped the good one off the 90si and seems to be the same as the 88 hfs...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a new one, How do you remove the dash? I know it was briefly explained somewhere on here but I cant find it. I just counted 5 bolts looking in the 88 real quick, I know the center console has to come out, along with the cluster cover....

When I swap the steering columns, I'd like to swap the dash out of my 89si. That and I think ollie might be getting the dash out of my 90si. Though I havn't heard a confirmation yet. So thats a possible 3 dashs I have to remove.... :twisted: 8) :lol: :!:

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
jmart said:
Alright, to get the dash out there are a bunch of bolts you need to remove. First is in the middle at the bottom of the console area its bolts to a bracket in the floor. Then in the middle on top where the dash meets the windshield there is a rectangular plastic cover that you need to pop off. There is a bolt under there. Then on each side you need to open the door and get at the side of the dash up at the front corner of the door where the glass ends. There is a plastic cover held on by one little plastic well nut. Pull that off and there are two bolts under there, on each side. I think that is it. There may be a bolt or two that bolt the dash to the inside of the kick panel area, next to the main relay on the driver's side, and to the right of where the glove box was on the passenger side.

You will need to drop the steering column too to get it out. There are four bolts total. Two up toward the top and two further back on a banded clamp.

Also, make sure to pull the instument cluster out ahead of time and be careful unhooking the wires and the speedo cable. There are two screws in the font corners that aim up so you will have to lay on your back and look up at them. Then there are two [cruddy] little ones hiding under plastic snap off covers up front near the windshield.

Hmmmm, i thnk that is all.
Good luck, let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I just looked, theres 2 bolts at the top under the cluster, and 2 more right before the platic cover that wraps around the column. I bet the other 2 nuts are under the platic cover. So its probably exactly the same.

If I have time, Ill find out tommrow. I have half a day off and I plan on getting an early start. But first, I have to swap the exhuast off the black 89si as the one on the HF is rusted through and wont pass inpection. Im going to swap the headers and all....hoping for a bit more of anything from the little 8-valve lol. That and Im curious as to how its going to sound.

I love working on hondas.... 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.