Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a lot about crx's being stolen on this page. It inspired me to put a fuel kill switch in my car. Unfortunatly, i put it in a kinda open spot...right behind my hand brake. I will probably end up moving it. AI just had a few questons.

1. What is a good alarm. i dont need features like door locking or anything cuz i dont have anything like that. I just want a good one, wanted to know what you guys have.

2. Whats a good way to keep my wheels safe, i have a lock nut on mine, but its kinda generic, does anyonew know where i can find a really good one?

3. other methods. What other stuff have you guys done to keep your car yours?

Sorry if i sound paranoid...but i am.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I just got a set of Kyokugen 7-sided lugnuts, they are similar to the locking kind in that they have 7 sides and need an adapter to take off. I got them on ebay through a seller called Import Auto Performance. The shipping was amazingly fast, and their customer service was great too.
Heu put up a thread recently about all the kill switches you can add to the car. Remember too that you can use multiple switches for the same thing, like having 2 different fuel pump cut-offs. The kill switches aren't going to save your stereo and wheels, and maybe not the car, but each one slows the theif down if they are trying to start and steal the car. Finding goot spots for the switches and making the wiring look stock is very important. I am looking into a quick-release steering wheel as well, so you can take your wheel with you when you leave the car. One of the most important things is just don't leave anything out. Don't leave a lot of stuff in the car, it's eye candy for potential theives. A couple of times when I have left things in my car, like when I'm at a friend's house or something, I've found handprints on the glass and in the salt that builds up in the winter.
Layer your security and be smart about where and how you park your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts