Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my rex has been due to start on the decline for a long while and it finally started......it has 299,000 miles on the original motor!!!!.....i've been really hoping it will get to 300k without anything major ever been done to the engine.......but in the past week its started to burn oil and running a little rough......i hate to say it but it i think its all comeing to a slow and painful death......and i dont have the money to rebuild the engine so it may be sitting till next summer if the motor does decide to take a crap this winter......but i know its treated me well and i'm gonna try and baby it through the next 800 miles to get toe that special 300k marker haha......thats why i love hondas

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i've decided to make the best of it by using this as an excuse to save up for a rebuild of this motor or maybe even *cough motorswap cough* if i can talk my dad into it haha.....so i'll keep checking the oil and try to stay on top of thigs to make it last long enough to save up funds.....but when the motor does eventually go i'll do what i can to make sure the rex gets back on the road running better than ever before haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.