Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In sept of last year I moved to Ohio for school. About a week after I moved here my car was hit in the parking lot. My neighbors boyfriend swiped the hole drivers side of my car. He apologized and we got it fixed through his insurance about $1100 damage. Since then I have always tried to park away from others for fear of getting hit again. This morning I walk out to see that the rear bumper has a nice scratch and there is a nice crack in the filler on the rear quarter from the previous repair. Why do people not pay attention when pulling out of parking spots. Also a few weeks ago I noticed a nice scuff mark on my drivers door. It looks like someone opend there door right into mine. People here suck. When it rains nobody knows how to drive forget about snow its just horrible. The most snow fall seen here was in Jan when they got about 5".. to me no big deal, but to the locals OMG I just want ot shoot everyone. I thought NY and NJ drivers were bad but people out here are absolutly the worst ever.... Sorry for the rant.. Anyone else have horror stories?

-James-

·
Registered
734 Posts
People at my apartment complex are terrible, there are a few idiots that ALWAYS park over the line and make it almost impossible to get into my car. I leave notes once in awhile saying "learn to park" and spit on a guy's window in utter disgust the other day...pisses me off so badly that someone can't manage to park a normal sized car in a normal sized space with like 3 feet to spare. Idiots.

·
Registered
267 Posts
everyone around here mostly my friends or other people do not know how to look behind them when they back up

seriously noone cares to do a simple look around the shoullder before they fly out of their driveway

last year when i first got the crx i was in my gf's driveway and her brother was about to leave and his mom made the joke "dont hit pauls car" he comes back in 5 min later "i hit your car"...he doesnt look behind him and hit my fender and takes out the corner light wich is still broke today....now almost a year later the same gf got a car and did the same exact thing as he did except she hit her brothers car... but their lucky they have plastic bumpers and the dent pops right out..the crx's metal fender was crunched.

few months ago im parked behind my friends pathfinder and he backs right into it :evil: i was pissed because i odnt understand why people cant look behind them or even think about it

my mom backed into my friends accord and killed his driver side door and hte window....he was parked accross the street at least 30 feet away

other than that people here in wichita can not drive for ****

i dont know how many times recently ive almost ben in an accident because of people pulling out accross the road then stopping right in front of you because they pulled out at a bad time adn they cant go... next time i just want to t bone the **** out of the person that does that to me

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh god. Last night I'm driving on a road that has a 35mph speedlimit. All of the sudden this lexus pulls up besides me and passes me. He hits his breaks like twice, and the floats into my lane. I'm watching this thinking what blankity idiot. He's ahead of me, about 5 feet from my bumper and he decides it would be a good idea to turn into a bar after slowing down real quick. I just swirve around him into the opposite lane.

I was watching the headlights in front of me and was glad as hell they were stationary, otherwards I would've been car sandwiched.

All because he was in a hurry to get into a bar. Come to think of it, I should've called the cops on him. If I has been in any other car besides me beloved CRX. I wouldve been rear-ended. COuln't hit my breaks, cus the pads need to be changed. Florida drivers are horrid. This happens on a weekly basis.

It's sad that I've been driving for 2 years now and already know how to drive better than most that have been driving for years. Go Gran Turismo :D. Tehehe.

I'm always so nevous when backing up because of the bad blind spots that there are in the CRX. I always triple check before swapping lanes on the highway too.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Paul said:
other than that people here in wichita can not drive for [crap]
I second that, sometimes it seems like its deliberate too. I was at the sonic on 21st west a couple of years ago with a few friends, and this guy who's leaving manages to hit one of my friends' mint 93 GSR on the drivers' side of the rear bumper while hes driving forward to leave
(managed to put a nice gash across a third of the rear bumper).

As soon as we heard the impact, we looked to see this beat up F150 speeding around the drive thru...Luckily for us, there are 3 of us standing close to the exit, so we blocked the roadway and his hit and run failed.

But, when we asked him if he had insurance, there wasnt a word out of his mouth that came through in english, (there were a couple of derogatory phrases in spanish we recognized: penche hoto and penche huelo, both which meanings I wont translate to english on this site).

Funny thing was, when the police arrived, he spoke perfect english, and had an apologetic tone in his voice, even managed a few tears :cry: ...Turns out he was in the US illegally, had no drivers license, and obviously had no insurance...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Shoulda stripped the wet naked and drug him down a gravel road. Speaka da Englesh yet, Pancho?

·
Registered
267 Posts
last week on my way to work during rush hour im driving on a 4 lane road on the far right lane and up ahead few people are turning left wich causes the large line of cars behind them having to stop and wait for them to turn left in bad traffic so im driving along these stopped cars and the guy in the massive dodge heavy duty decides he cant wait any longer and trys to pull into my lane and doesnt realize till hes almost half way into the lane im flying at him going 40...if the crx wasnt so small i would have nailed him but i just veered closest to the curb i could to squeez by the guy..he got a nice finger for that one

people seriously cant drive for @)$#)( around here and ive only ben driving fully for 1 year first car being the crx and im 18 and i drive a helluva lot better than most people round here

·
Registered
70 Posts
Paul said:
people seriously cant drive for @)$#)( around here and ive only ben driving fully for 1 year first car being the crx and im 18 and i drive a helluva lot better than most people round here
I've had to do this a couple of times :p.

Mayber were not good drivers at all, just everyone around is a hell of a lot worse!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bad drivers?
They are all over, trust me, I've been to every part of the country when I was driving my truck over the road.

Montreal: they all seem to be practicing for the big F1 race.
I got out of town, a ways west.
Parked my truck in a truckstop, took a shower and called a cab to go to the bar.
The cab driver is doing 65-70 on residential streets, cutting through parking lots...at speed.
When we got there,after prying my fingers from the dash, I said"Are you from Montreal? "How did you know" he said.
I have to drive the New Jersey turnpike 2 round trips per night...the middle of the week isn't bad, but Friday and Sunday are the pits.
I have never had an accident yet, because I look for the 4 wheelers (that's trucker lingo) to do the stupidest thing.
Case in point: a car sitting on the shoulder, I make a habit of changing lanes, just in case.
This time I was penned in and, yep, the driver just didn't see me and pulled out as I got about 100ft from her.
I thought"well, this is it" and jammed on the brakes, the lane cleared just in time for me to get out of an accident, as I went by she looked up and gave me the finger...unfrickenbelievable.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I thought I'd let everyone know that the lady that hit my car just stopped by my apt and fessed up. I'm gonna go get an estimate tommorow. At first I was pissed that people have no respect but now that this has happened twice, both times the culprits owned up to it. It gives me a new sense of hope for the human race.

-James-

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Man I remember when you showed the first pics of your new paint. And you've been hit twice already! I hope I don't have any built-up negative karma... but it seems like fresh paint is just a magnet for morons.

You've got someone that's gonna be paying for their own negligence, but it still hurts inside knowing that the car has been repaired, and is no longer truly mint. :cry:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Paul said:
turning left wich causes the large line of cars behind them [...] the guy in the massive dodge heavy duty decides he cant wait any longer and trys to pull into my lane
[...]
people seriously cant drive for @)$#)( around here
I was put in the same situation about two weeks ago by a 20 year old girl driving a volvo while talking on her cell phone. I slid to a stop from about 35 mph, but she apparently didn't hear the screeching tires bearing down on her (my concentration was too fixed on stopping to think of the horn) and just kept pulling into my lane. Her passenger front tire rubbed some plastic off the side of my front bumper, pushed the fender in a little and my driver's mirror folded half way and left a black streak down about 1/3 the length of her car... Then she tried to drive away! Luckily she decided to stop a half mile later after passing 3 parking lots. :evil:
I swear... The drivers are getting worse by the day.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bobski, since you live near me, you'll appreciate this one. First off, I consider the majority of drivers on the Delmarva Peninsula to be morons, which goes without saying. There's a good reason I refer to the First State as "Duh-laware".....

A couple of years ago, my wife was driving her CRX on Rt. 40 towards Elkton, when some other woman in a car (left lane), started drifting right into her lane RIGHT ALONGSIDE. The wife hit the horn and accelerated past, whereupon the dipstick on the left proceeded to also speed up while also giving my wife the finger.

Well, the effin' idiot was so busy flipping-off my wife that she ran full-on into the back of the car in front of her.

The wife drove off grinning like a fool as the local fuzz pulled-up with their "blue light special" flashing…… :rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.