Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it wasn't just someone.......it was a "friend" from school/work. He got that soccer mom spray paint that's just supposed to wash off real easy. So he thought it would be funny to turn my car into a penis racer by writting some stuff on it and then painting a giant penis on the hood. But because my car has not clear coat on the hood or roof (both were just spray painted with a rattle can) it ate through the pain and is now permanent. So I'm more than just a little pissed off at him now. At school yesterday I told him that I'd repaint it myself but he's paying me $100 because I shouldn't have to do it myself and its his fault. He's lucky I dont take it to a shop to have someone else do it for hundreds of dollars. I thought that he would be ok with this right........wrong......he tells me that it's not his fault my car is a peice of **** with no clear coat. It took every ounce of self control I had to not punch him right there and start beating his ass.

Now I don't know what to do......I dont feel like going to court and although I could paint it myself for $5 it's not about the money.......I just want to do something to teach him to never touch my **** again. I'm not really sure what I want you guys to say but I'm just so pissed I dont know what to do and I needed to vent a little. I wanna beat his ass and break a window out of his car......I know that I shouldn't but........

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know.....I still might......but I think I'm gonna call him and give him one more chance to pay me to paint it instead of dragging this stuff through court.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Call the police and file vandalism charges against him.
+1 (or +2 since I'm the second to agree, lol)

Tell him your intentions if he's not willing to pay up.

Since you're in school, is there an auto tech calss that would replaint hte whole car, including clearcoat, for the $100 you're asking?

How old is the friend? Under 18? If so, talk to his parents, they're financialy resmponsible for his screw ups... :twisted:

Then you get both, your money and his arse beat (by his dad, lol)!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Don't take it out on his car. That would only bring you down to his level. All you have to do is use your imagination and there are plenty of ways to f--k with people without ever touching them or their property. The mind is an easy egg to crack if you know how to do it. :wink:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
JKG08 said:
I know.....I still might......but I think I'm gonna call him and give him one more chance to pay me to paint it instead of dragging this stuff through court.
The situation stinks but that's what I'd do. If he's a real friend he'll pay to have it fixed. If he blows you off or gives you the lame "it's just an old car..." excuse then file charges........

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Ti Rider said:
JKG08 said:
The situation stinks but that's what I'd do. If he's a real friend he'll pay to have it fixed. If he blows you off or gives you the lame "it's just an old car..." excuse then file charges........
A real friend would feel bad about it and not give the excuse of "it's just an old car" or say that "it's not his fault my car is a peice of [crud] with no clear coat."

Either way, pretty lame excuses and a crappy situation.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Ehhh, some friends of mine did this to my first cavalier while I was at work....The paint was purple and the car faded blue, Luckly I caught them leaving and I went and took my car to the car wash and sprayed it off while it was still fresh. It stuck in places where the claer coat was gone and the tiny dry cracks of the bumper. I pulled up and they had a kind of WTF look and didnt even say anything. Then one of them looks close at the bumper and started laughing. Mean while I had went inside and grabbed a paint ball gun and well....they wasnt laughing or wearing any protection. :twisted: They havent touched my cars since because they both have nice cars now.

If he was a good friend he would at least tried to get it off your car, pressure washers work good. If he is being a real jerk about it I would press charges.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
coz said:
Bottom line: Is this worth ending a friendship and creating a potential adversary?
JKG08 said:
he tells me that it's not his fault my car is a peice of [crud] with no clear coat.
With friends like that, who needs enemies? :?
My sentiments exactly.
Let the cops have a word with him. Nobody will mess with your car again.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yeah, it sucks, but don't take it out on him or his stuff. Asking him to buy paint and reimburse you for your time is very reasonable. Document everything in writing, try a couple of times to talk to him about it nicely, if he's under 18, talk to his parents or have your folks talk to them, and also talk to the police about what options you have--get all your options laid out and take your time figuring out what to do. If you've got a counselor at school you trust, talk to them. If you don't want to go to court, see if mediation is an option. Remember that if you approach this calmly and make the extra effort, it's much more likely that authorities of all kinds will take you and this more seriously. Who knows, maybe you could wind up on Judge Joe Brown?

At the end of the day knowing that you did the right thing is a hell of a lot more important than the paint on the car or getting even....

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I know he ment it as a joke and I have pulled a few pranks of my own in the past which is the biggest reason why I haven't pressed charges yet. I'll talk to him again either at work sometime this weekend or at school on monday......if he'll pay for the spray paint to repaint my hood and roof I guess I'll just leave it at that and get back at him with some simple window chalk on his car windows or something to that extent. He's a stupid friend and made a big mistake in doing that but since I know he ment it as a joke I guess I just needed some time to cool down more than anything.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
coz said:
Granted your 'friend" is acting like a penis and you could file charges. Doing so would ensure that he is no longer your friend.
Bottom line: Is this worth ending a friendship and creating a potential adversary?
How good of a friend can he be when a prank backfires on him, doesnt take responsibility for the outcome and has a crappy attitude about it? :?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Some good pranks that I have done that did not harm the car:
- Hook a horn up to his brake lights.
- Zip-tie around the axle shaft or drive shaft.
- Set his radio to a hideous radio station, turn up the volume, turn on the wipers
- install a license plate frame or Magnetic sticker on his car that says "Honk if you love Men"
- If he has cloth seats, pour a small cup of water on it before he gets in. I works better at night.
- Roll the car with TP
- You and a friend park so close to his car that he can't get in. Or, box him in so he can't get out.
- Put a dirty diaper under the seat where it baked in the hot Mojave Desert sun for 2 weeks while he was away. No harm to the car but it did stink for a while. The funniest part was it was his own wife that gave me the dirty diaper.

That should be a good start.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.