Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new B16 dizzy from distributor king. I also adjusted the timing of the cams as they were off a few degrees. Now I have spark and fuel and th emotor is cranking fine but won't start. Anyone have nay suggestions on whats wrong. I checked my grounds, the fuel pump primes when the ignition is on. it should be starting.

-James-

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had the same issue on my car. I thought I was getting spark. Even did the test with pulling the plug wire and arching it on the frame. Problem was it wasn't a very strong spark. Replaced the coil due to some advice from Composimo and fixed the problem. I would test your coil.

·
Registered
731 Posts
If the dizzy is new and from a reliable source then I'd suspect cam timing first since you messed with it. Did you reconfirm timing by turning the crank at least 2 complete counter clockwise revolutions then looking for proper alignment of the marks? Also, which marks on the crank and the cams did you use?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I checked the timing about 10 times to make sure. I ended up putting it back where it was then trying the old dizzy again and it started up fine. I then tried the new dizzy and no dice. I suspect the new dizzy is bad. Its like I had a gremlin in my motor because I tried the old dizzy about 100 times and it still didn't work. with the old timing and new timing. same with the new dizzy. I got the car started and running fine with the old dizzy and old cam setting. I just got in from my 10 hr drive from NY to OH so Im goin to bed. I'll call the distributor king tommorow and see if I can get another one. Then I'll mess with it when I don't need my car for a couple days.

-James-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.