Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using NGK Spark Plug: Plug No. BCPR6E-11 for most of my cars life, and see unknowingly used NGK Spark Plug: Plug No. BCPR5E-11 a couple times.

Has anyone noticed a difference in performance and gas milage with these other NGK spark plugs?

NGK Double Platinum 3350 BCPR6EP-11
NGK GP platinum 7088 BCPR6EGP
NGK IX iridium 4919 BCPR6EIX-11

What is the general consensus on the best one to use?

Thanks. (That's without making other changes) OK if anyone can
recommend Spark Plug Wires that'd be great too !!

·
Registered
289 Posts
lapis said:
Has anyone noticed a difference in performance and gas milage with these other NGK spark plugs?

NGK Double Platinum 3350 BCPR6EP-11
NGK GP platinum 7088 BCPR6EGP
NGK IX iridium 4919 BCPR6EIX-11
I've always used the standard BCPR6E-11 in my 'rex. But, I recently put a set of the NGK Iridium IX plugs into my 2001 Civic and noted a 1-2 mpg highway mileage increase. They're about $30 for 4 at summitracing.com.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was flipping thru a magazine once who had a review of spark plugs, and in the 'most reliable spark' category, the brand autolite (cheapest around here) was rated #3, ever since then, I spend 6$ for 4 spark plugs every 15000kms, just check the gap and your good to go. I know they say NGK is the best for hondas, but we ran the autolites in a 12.4:1 CR engine, making 218whp running 12.3 all day long lol. I've grown trust for them, never misses the spark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.