Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i bot some germany concept speakers. 6x9s a 6 1/2sthe 61/2s are to big for the braacket for the front speakers. so how can i make that work and i think i can just drill holes to make the 6x9s fot properly on the back brakets... INNED OPIONS PLZ :D :D :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most 6.5 inch speakers require you to completely cut out the back of the speaker bracket to fit. Basicall the only thing left should be the ring to mount the speakers. This can be easily accomplished using a Dremel or a hacksaw...though a Dremel is a lot more fun.

But even after doing that, the speakers may still be to deep. Then you will want to use some longer screws and something to space them with. To protect you speakers from the elements I highly recommend some XTC Speaker Baffles from Crutchfield. Just make sure you get then narrow ones.

I've never tried mounting 6x9 speakers in the rear so someone else might want to chime in.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I may still have the speaker brackets for my Si for the front. I know I have the rear. PM me if you are interested in either, incase you want a stock set and a set you can cut up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.