Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally figured out why my Google toolbar spell checker doesn't work.
It is trying to read the Tip bar. Is there a way to disable it so I can use my spell check?

None of the other forums I message on have that there, and the google spell check works fine. that little bar is the only variance.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ragnaarok said:
what is a "Tip bar" ??
This thing:

None of the other forums have it, and it somehow stops my spell checker form working. Nothing major, just takes away from the simplicity of typing as fast as I can, and hitting auto spellcheck and having it fix all my screw ups.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh... runnong Word just to post on the internet, changing web browseres, etc... that's too much BS jsut to fix spelling errors.

This is the only forum that does it. I was looking for an easy solution or others that have the same issue.

I'm not about to swap browsers or run extra programs just to fix type-os. Ya'all will just have to deal with my common misspellings. lol.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
SETI20 said:
Install BBcode extra into your firefox.
Works really good. Tons of neat functions.... in-line spelling being one of em.
Newest version of Firefox has a spell check built in. It checks as you type and you can right click to choose the correct spelling if needed.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
The time invested posting and replying to this thread you could have firefox rockin' on your machine. :D

:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look, I dont see why I should change browsers because of one site not working with a feature that works on everything else.

STOP SUGGESTING FIREFOX, you sound like my wife... (yak yak yak) :lol:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
There's a whooole bunch of websited that will look completely different (in a good sense) when you install firefox. You just don't know about it.

IE is not CSS compliant (even tho they say so)
IE also chokes on a whole array of simple plugins and web scripts like PHP and Javascript that are not supported.
Unlike...well..... ALL the other decent browsers.

For the record. IE is not a decent browser. It's crap.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let me make this prefectly clear:
MY BROWSER IS NOT THE PROBLEM
The google toolbar spell check feature works on every forum but this one.
There's no reason anyone, myself included should have to change browsers for a simple thing like spell check to work.

All I want to know is why the problem is unique to this site, I don't want to hear a bunch of BS about changing browsers, please stop saying to change browsers. You all sound like a broken record. lol
You've all made your fondness for Firefox apparent, let it go. Telling me to change to firefox doesn't eliminate that this forum wont let me use spellchecking with my current broswer, when every other forum does. Basically what you're telling me is: Since your D16a6 needs spark plugs, you may as well put in a B16. ( I wish my wife understood that analogy, lol)

The only variance I can see from my end that would cause it is that tip bar above the text block. If it's because this is an old version of phpBB, so be it, I just want someone to clarify. If it's a simple setting on my end that I can change, I'd like to know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I believe that the tip box is considered the primary field by your spell checker (it reacts to roll-over mouse inputs, in other words it doesn't need to be clicked on). Because of that it's only catching that field. I couldn't tell you why (I'm not a programmer), but that is the most logical way of explaining it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.