Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've gone on a few little rants off-topic on a bunch of posts this morning... cause I'm waiting for class to start! I have my first class (Environmental Economics) at 2PM today, so I'm on campus chilling out in the Library trying to stay warm.

Who else is in school now? Post up your major and classes...

I'm at RPI (not RIT), studying physics with one semester to go... finshed all my real hard classes a while ago so I'm taking:

Environmental Econ
Processes of Engineering (shop/lab course)
Developmental Psychology
Creative Non-Fiction Writing
World Music
Philosphy of Space and Time

Looks like it's going to be fun... lots of reading/writing and no more math!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Major: Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (Dual)

currently in my 8th semester of college. and ill probably have 4 more to go (2 years). my curriculum is set out for 4.5 years taking 17-19 credits/semester (158 creds total to graduate with 2 BS degrees in ME and AE). i tried it once and never again, so ill take the extra time in college with a lighter workload per semester, seeing as how i also have a job.

currently taking: 16 credits

MAE 316: Analysis of Engineering Systems - coding programs to solve problems
MAE 336: Compressible Aerodynamics - pretty much characteristics of aerodynamics in super sonic flight
MAE 342: Dynamcis of Machines - mechanisms and machines
MAE 345: Aerospace Structures - loading of aerospace structures and design limitations
MAE 365: Flight Dynamics - dynamics of planes and design of planes, also includes simulation
ENGR 471: Fluids Video II - just sit back and watch movies about fluid flow for a better understanding and physical interpretation. no HW, no tests, no final, just have to attend 13/15 class and i get an A :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Have been in school since 7:45 this morning. Have one more class to go today. starts in about 15 min.

Auto technology. Second quarter, four more to go. Im waiting for english to start, the class i hate the most, but its going good this time around. 8)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Major: Materials Science & Metalurgical Engineering

Currently a 2nd quarter sophomore. ~3 years to go because of Co-op stuff happening Spring and Summer Quarters this year (yay income).

Taking 17 Hours right now:

MSE 282: X-ray diffraction Lab; not as cool as it sounds, but important to know.
MSE 342: Microstructure of Materials; goes with the lab, but more interesting.
ME 410: Statics; Free-body diagrams, pretty easy as long as you're careful and thorough.
Math 254: 3-Dimensional Calculus; Calc with a "z" variable
Engineering Graphics 167: Programming; Yeah, enough said.

I'm at OSU, so we go by quarters. It's a decently heavy workload, but not so heavy that I can't go out every so often.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Major: Computer Information Systems

6 credits

ENGL135 Advanced Compostion, gotta love research papers
HUMN420 Contemporary Literature, gotta love reading tons of stories

I finished all my the classes for my major, just taking the rest of the classes I held off til the end.

I'm at DeVry University and we go by trimesters. All I have left is 5 classes

ENGL227 forgot name but its even more writing than ENGL135
HUMN410 History can never forget history
HUMN430 Film & Literature can you say movies all class long?
SPEC200 Public Speaking um... do I really have to?
CIS430 Senior Project creating a program for companies of your choosing

Midterm tonight WOOT! :lol: Wish me luck!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Computer Science Open Option at Colorado State University

Foundations of Programing in JAVA
Chemistry in Context
Calc II
Human Health and Diseases
Freshman Computer Science Seminar

Dont know how many credits.

·
Registered
191 Posts
george34 said:
Major: Machinical engineering

Freshman

13credits

English 102
Art- a study of art.
Precalc.
Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday....

BTW, Mechanical Engineering is what you'll want to put on your resume, otherwise you'l be hard-pressed to become employed when it's all said and done. Just a friendly reminder from one engineering student to another.

·
Registered
364 Posts
University of Cincinnati,

BS in Industrial design: Focus on Transportation. Thats designing cars, boats, planes and trains or any other form of transport.

I'll also have an associates in computer aided drafting and design.

Technically my 5th year in school. I took my time figuring it out. I still have another 4 years after this year. With Co-Op and classes. Right now i'm done with all my english, history, social science and all that stuff. Just have to take the foundation studio classes and then all the pertinent ID classes and Labs.

this quarter I'm only at 13 cr.

Foundation design drawing 2
Foundation design Form
Digital design Lec/Lab
Art history 2
Intro to Micoro econ

-James-

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
tubafreak said:
george34 said:

Freshman

13credits

English 102
Art- a study of art.
Precalc.

BTW, Mechanical Engineering is what you'll want to put on your resume, otherwise you'l be hard-pressed to become employed when it's all said and done. Just a friendly reminder from one engineering student to another.
I just saw that I did that. HAHA I just got home from school and was tired when that was typed.
I'm a little behind in my math and science but I still have two more years of High School.

·
Registered
191 Posts
george34 said:
tubafreak said:
george34 said:

Freshman

13credits

English 102
Art- a study of art.
Precalc.

I just saw that I did that. HAHA I just got home from school and was tired when that was typed.
I'm a little behind in my math and science but I still have two more years of High School.
I can definitely relate. I take it you're doing a Post-Secondary type thing then?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yep, I just got home from the high school. At 10:30 I leave for college (Wright State Lake Campus). I enjoy the enviroment at college more than HS. All the people that have to show up to HS so they don't have to go to jail are not there. Also I have not seen one gothic person there.lol

Did you take Post-Secondary when you were in High School?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nope, I looked into it, but I was taking enough AP classes that I didn't have time in my schedule. I'll agree that college is better (much better) because you actually learn stuff, you don't have busy work (as much), and you'll actually use what you learn.

I take it you're looking at colleges right now. Where are you looking?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well i just finished HS in Dec some i graduated 6 months early. I dont want to take anytime off so i might be starting at North Georgia Tech this spring if things go good. They have a really good auto painting courses and on campus dorms. So with the hope scholarship im set

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
tubafreak said:
Nope, I looked into it, but I was taking enough AP classes that I didn't have time in my schedule. I'll agree that college is better (much better) because you actually learn stuff, you don't have busy work (as much), and you'll actually use what you learn.

I have thought about UT, OSU, maybe UC (it's the lowest on my list). I still have next year to decide so I have not been looking to hard. A school that offers a Co-op would be great. Companies love to see that you have experience. Worst comes to worst I will transfer to Wright state main campus.

·
Registered
191 Posts
george34 said:
tubafreak said:

I have thought about UT, OSU, maybe UC (it's the lowest on my list). I still have next year to decide so I have not been looking to hard. A school that offers a Co-op would be great. Companies love to see that you have experience. Worst comes to worst I will transfer to Wright state main campus.
Well, I've got a co-op coming up this next quarter, so I can tell you first-hand that OSU's got it. Good people here too. And we've got the Center for Automotive Research, which is always nice (if you're on one of the teams anyway).

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My brother has a friend that helped build a race car and went to cali over the summer with the group through OSU. I would love to be part of one of these groups. All the colleges I stated above have these programs as that is one of the things I am also looking at.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.