Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm wondering if some one else has this experience. When I turn my key to the on position, I hear a squeaking sound from the front of the engine. Sounds like your trying to pull a rubber bushing through a tube. When I turn my key on and off like 3x (10 seconds in between) the sound eventually get softer and softer, until you can barely hear it.

I did cleaned the iacv but the sound shouldn't perpetuate.

I will also premise that I measured my fuel pressure and its 25-28 psi (I think I should be like around 40 psi). Before I fire the parts cannon at it, I wanna know if someone else has another idea

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can someone turn the key for you while you sit in front of the car so you can pinpoint it closer to an area of the engine bay?
What exact car, chassis, engine are we talking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone turn the key for you while you sit in front of the car so you can pinpoint it closer to an area of the engine bay?
What exact car, chassis, engine are we talking about?
I will do that ASAP.
Its a CRX HF with d15b engine with a dpfi to mpfi conversion. I probably should have posted on a different section (sorry about that).
I'm actually trying to solve a hard to start when cold situation.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I suspect the fuel pump is mechanically binding and transmitting the sound to the engine bay hardware hydraulically. Once it's been cycled a few times, the friction heat loosens up the spot that's binding. Try taking off the fuel cap and listening at the filler while cycling the pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts