Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My crx sounds like it has chipmunks in the rear cargo area. Just a constant squeking over slightly rough roads. I'm sure the ES bushings and ground control coilovers w/kyb agx shocks don't help but oh well. Anyway, my question is, does anyone know of any common place I should check first for this, or should I just start removing the rear interior until I isolate the problem?
BTW I've already tried tightening down the spare tire.
Thanks,

-Chris

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
3b. Remove one of the spacers between the hatch and the hatch's U-latch

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
zerocool1014a said:
easier said than done...
You mean because that bolt tends to stick? If so, what I did was hit it a couple of times with an old school hammer driver, then put the phillips head from the driver into a socket, came right out....

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
bil said:
zerocool1014a said:
easier said than done...
You mean because that bolt tends to stick? If so, what I did was hit it a couple of times with an old school hammer driver, then put the phillips head from the driver into a socket, came right out....
Simply hold a lighter to the bolts for 30 seconds. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Lighter? Not when that's an excuse to get out the blue wrench!

Seriously, this impact driver's pretty cool--also used it to pull the bolts from the bumper cover which were badly rusted, and holding down plastic. The thing I like about it is you can apply a little or a lot of force.

·
Registered
289 Posts
bil said:
Seriously, this impact driver's pretty cool--also used it to pull the bolts from the bumper cover which were badly rusted, and holding down plastic. The thing I like about it is you can apply a little or a lot of force.
I like using impact driver for removing the big philips screws that hold the disks to the hub ... though they're really just there to hold it in place until you mount the wheel. I new brakes on a friend's saturn the other day and was surprised it didn't have anything like that ... had to put on a couple lug nuts to hold the disks in place until the calipers were on.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
my rex has been rocking the electrical tape since before I bought it, works well and you only have to redo it every four to six months. (I open/shut my hatch a bunch)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rex_89 said:
When you say U latch, your just talking about the part the hatch clips on?
Yeah, it's the part that hits you in the small of the back when your hatch struts won't hold the hatch open any more. The FSM calls it the "striker", it goes down into the latch.

FWIW I've had a bunch of black electrical tape around mine for a long time ... that plus adjusting the rubber bumpers out cured the squeeks for the most part.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rex_89 said:
yea im going to have to go try that. Its kinda funny, I never new it was common, i thought mine was just messed up.
Yeah I had no idea it was common either, but I had to laugh seeing somebody else list all the stuff I've tried.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.