Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its time to finally replace my factory muffler ... I would like to keep the dual-tips look

but all the aftermarket stainless mufflers I've seen just have the single exhaust pipes.

Does anyone know or have seen a stainless muffler that has the duals?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You'll probably need to buy the components separately and then have them welded together. I know that www.vibrantperformance.com (canadian company) sells stainless dual tips that are similar to the stock look, as well as nice stainless cat-back systems for the CRX. Perhaps you could just buy a stainless cat-back system, cut the exhaust outlet off and weld on the dual tips for the look that you want. It would probably be the most cost effective way of doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I have a DC Sports stainless cat back with the big fat tip. I'm planning to have the tip cut off and have a good dual tip welded on. Hopefully before Niagara.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crxfisher said:
I have a DC Sports stainless cat back with the big fat tip. I'm planning to have the tip cut off and have a good dual tip welded on. Hopefully before Niagara.
Ah, so I'm not the only crazy guy who wants the duals ... good, good.

When you get around to that, could you follow up here with details?

Needing to do mine soon before I'm deaf or other parts of the car rattle themselves off. Hence the inclination to just go stock and get it done.

Also, if I stay stock I can paint the muffler with some high-heat black. Call me conservative, but I don't like the idea of broadcasting that I've got exhaust, or have to worry about getting under there with some stainless cleaner.

Is a stock setup going to be severely limiting if I do a B16 or ZC swap in the future?

stickershop: Thanks for the link for Vibrant. There's a custom stainless shop in town I could take all the bits to, or can anyone weld the stuff?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you're planning on getting some stainless welding done, I would suggest checking around for a good quality shop that does stainless welding. Unless you're a pro at it, I wouldn't recommend you doing it yourself. You want good, strong, and clean-looking welds so that your expensive new exhaust lasts.

·
Registered
247 Posts
which exhaust sounds the best? if got a Flowmaster muffler and im not too happy with it :( really ricey and raspy

also, i dunno if its possible, but im not looking to increase high-RPM power... going for low to mid range.

i like the look of dual tips too, but im more function over form. if i can find something that fits my pre-requisites, it can be whatever style it wants, so long as it fits right

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Honestly, as long as the exhaust isn't restrictive (or too large a diameter), there aren't really many advantages to one performance exhaust over the next. I have a DC Sports cat-back, and I love the deep tone that it gives me. Even though it is discontinued, there are a few places that are still selling this exhaust. I think www.customauto.ca (located in Alberta) has them in stock. I've also heard decent things about the Vibrant exhaust. Greddy and Thermal R&D are a couple of others that you might want to look into as well.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I second the opinion of Stickershop. My DC Sports cat-back sounds really good. No raspy problems whatsoever. Full RPM range sounds very nice. I just hope it doesn't change too much when I get the dual tip put on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts