Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Russell stainless steel braded brake lines (part # R684550) for my 91 crx si and tried to install them the other evening. I dont know what I was doing wrong but I could not position the line in any acceptable position without the line rubbing on either the shock strut or the vertical spindle housing. The Russell lines use only 2 mounting points instead of the stock brake line using 3 mounting points. Has anyone had any type of mounting problem like this? Are all the braded line kits the same in using only 2 mounting points instead of 3, or are the other manufacturers that make a line kit that fits better than the Russell kit? I guess what I want to know is should I get a refund on these lines and go with another manufacturer of brake lines that will fit better than what I have?

· Registered
965 Posts
Many road racers and autocrossers do it this way:

• * Put one zip tie around the shock,
    * Loop another zip tie around the brake line,
    * Then use a third zip tie to interconnect those.

When its done right, the lines will be attached to the shock but prevented from contacting the shock.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read what you say about using ty-wraps to hold the brake lines in place but I'm just not comfortable with that set-up. Why would a company go the trouble to engineer and manufacture these lines and not correct a obvious installation problem that has to be cured with ty-wraps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.