Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a problem with my steering (i think) iv seen ppl drive crx's in llow speeds (5mph or less with no problem)with one hand,my streering is hard tho i need both hands and i can use one hand(using my strength) doing 10/15 mph or more,is there something rong with my crx?i have no problem in top speeds non at all... thanks

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Whats "top speed" to you.......

You do know that our lil cars have manual racks right?
Steering at slow speeds requires more arm strength.
I would have assumed that one of your frt end parts are binding,but you said that once you are moving at speed it feels ok.

Long story short manual racks can feel like that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nevermind thanks tho.. downest hook'd me up with the info on thisone

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
omyhonda said:
nevermind thanks tho.. downest hook'd me up with the info on thisone
Ok care to share what he said?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know that my CRX has no power-steering.

That could be it ... I think power-steering is a feature you can add aftermarket, right? That may have been what you saw other folks doing - they had added power-steering. I'm not trying to give out false info, just offering a senario.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i told downest i had a hf and the steering wuz a lot smoother than my si but my si is way better than the hf that i had

so he sead

the si has a progressive rack
so it's going to be a little harder
the HF/DX rack is linear

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have stock 89 si rims(trading by the way,but u got to be in albany or close,all with caps)and the steering wheel is a stock hf/dx steering wheel.. right now one of my tires blew up,but my steering wuz the same with my si rim still on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.