Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know both transmissions are not identical?
im wondering if the casses were identical?
im asking of this is because i bought a set of b16 gears with a lsd installed
and wondering if i can put the gears into my integra transmission. Its written y1 on my teg transmission. Has anyone done this before or would i have to seek a b16 tranny case??? i asked on h-t before and on team-teg and no one seemss to know the answer. I even asked someone on gearspeed. Please help out.

---y1 teg transmission 90
---b16 gear off from a cable transsmission

·
Registered
731 Posts
It makes sense that Honda would make parts for the B-series trannys interchangeable. It costs too much money to have different molds or whatever you wanna call it to make corresponding parts for different B-series trannys. I've played around with L3 (older D-series) gears, shafts, and differentials and they are interchangeable. I would think the same of the B-series as well. Of course this is just a theory that makes sense to me. If no one knows the answer for sure, you can be the first one to know by trial and error.

·
Registered
731 Posts
blimsa said:
would have thought the internals are differant, what with the crx box being cable and the teg one being hydro
aznboi_2 said:
---y1 teg transmission 90
---b16 gear off from a cable transsmission
those two trannys are both cable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.