Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Advanced Auto to see what a new clutch is going to cost me. Does 177.77 sound reasonable for a stock clutch replacement?

I don't know why it sounded a bit over priced. I'm stopping tomorrow at AutoZone and seeing what thier price is.

I know the clutch is a vital part of the drivetrain, but 177.77 jsut sounds expensive for a stock replacement... *shrug* maybe I'm cheap. lol.

·
Registered
551 Posts
yeah your getting screwed, a clutch kit for a 90 dx hatch with the 15 dp inj. costs like 100 dollars at napa i just replaced one for a friend not to long ago!! just a stock clutch kit. flywheel, clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing.

just lettin you know if you have a napa go there

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
90crxhf_w/ZC said:
yeah your getting screwed, a clutch kit for a 90 dx hatch with the 15 dp inj. costs like 100 dollars at napa i just replaced one for a friend not to long ago!! just a stock clutch kit. flywheel, clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing.

just lettin you know if you have a napa go there
That's what I was thinking too. I have a napa, but they're all muscle car gear heads. I don't shop there because I dont feel I should have to defend my car choice every time I want an oil filter or belt of some sort. When I had my first (this is my 3rd) CRX, I stopped there one time and asked about a cap and rotor, and the guy behind the counter was smirking and asked me, "Son, do you want a clear one so when you rev your gerbel you can see his eyes glow?" I was pretty upset of his ognorant comment and have refused to buy from there since.

I'll check AutoZone tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
551 Posts
yeah any time.... just tryin to help out....

yeah that would make me mad to but every one here in the napa in stillwater, ok there all import guys, except for the people in the machine shop. and they really dog on hondas i went there to get my head machined and new valves grounded in and new valve seals and they just laughed and said damn ricers.. and i just walked off but i did get a free head gasket... so i was happy then hahaha... i think they messed up on the ordering and marked it as paid..

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
mithuth said:
rex2nr said:
exedy off ebay is your best friend.....
It's a bone stock Dx .. is the exedy a "performance" cluthc, or is ir OEM-ish?
Exedy is made by Daiken.. the OEM Honda supplier. They make an "OEM" clutch, which I noticed was a bit grabbier, plus they make more performance orientated clutches

·
Registered
324 Posts
I also bought the Exedy "stage 1" oem replacement kit for ebay. It is a very good clutch so far, I have put about 5000 miles on it. I got the one that includes the lite flywheel, I didn't need it, but figured what the hell.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got one off ebay, now to wait til it gets here.

Thanks for the heads up. Saved me about 50% of what I was going to pay. 86.15 shipped, wewt!

Now to learn how the heck to install a clutch. LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
rex2nr said:
mithuth said:
rex2nr said:
exedy off ebay is your best friend.....
It's a bone stock Dx .. is the exedy a "performance" cluthc, or is ir OEM-ish?
Exedy is made by Daiken.. the OEM Honda supplier. They make an "OEM" clutch, which I noticed was a bit grabbier, plus they make more performance orientated clutches
Bought myt Exedy stock replacement for 86 shipped off of Ebay. You're getting screwed man. My local auto store wanted 120.
BP

·
Registered
416 Posts
It is so nice findling inexpensive quality parts for our cars. Just the other day I was shopping for a new clutch for my c230k coupe...only $1200 for a new clutch set with release bearing and pressure plate.

I spent about $700 for the clutch set and aluminum flywheel for my Rex and I thought that was a lot.

I've never heard any problems with the clutches on ebay for oem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.