Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
NAPA and carquest both give you a lifetime warranty on axles. Buy both if you want to keep things even. I bought one pair a long time ago, they died, so I took them back to carquest, showed them my receipt and they handed me another set. Cost me $110 after I got my core charge back. $55 bucks an axle that is good going to be good for life works for me heh.

If you hear metal or the boot has been open for some time, there is no use to try and repair them... metal and metal has already started deteriorating the joints and it will only continue to get worse.

· Registered
390 Posts
May want to try to put the front of the car on blocks, have someone turn the steering wheel and you can inspect the wheels etc. Might have to take your wheels off after that to get deeper into it. Also, put the car in neutral and try spinning the wheels some to see if anything is making contact... or, turn the car on and watch/listen to where the noise is coming from. If you don't hear anything, maybe there needs to be a load on the front end and that test won't tell you anything significant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.