Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
dohcya said:
oh yeah, still worth it me thinks.... to have the priviledge to grace the wheel of a rhd rex would be pure bliss... =P
Come over to the UK and you can have a spin in mine, all things JDM Yo - glass roof black Mugen kitted siR :lol:

Ash

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
seems a bit strange that he had the car painted and then is getting rid of it... Its clean, but I wonder if its just a conversion.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The only SiR i would ever want is a black one.

If you look good at that pic, it seems to have a pink haze to it. Maybe its just me though

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Nice. Ill bet you anywhere else someone would say "it needs a drop". I could care less if I was driving that car and 10 feet off the road. Id drive it anyday.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hmmm...................makes me curious.

REASON FOR MYSELF SELLING THE CAR IS BEING THE FACT I HAVE ANOTHER RHD BUILD UP IN PROCESS AND AM DONE WITH THE OLD.
Did he convert this? Or is he talking about the fact that in order to get it legal in the states he had to do a bunch of fabricating to the doors and such to comply? I would recommend to anyone to DO YOUR HOMEWORK on your local laws before purchasing anything that is imported. Take my word, I've been down that path. I've even spent countless hours with my State Capitol on the matter reviewing different laws and regulations. I can't say it enough, do your homework before purchasing anything imported.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Umm...I dunno...
Something about that car just doesnt look right.Maybe its the fact that the paint is brand new or some of the poorly fitting panels(i.e. hood doesnt line up w/fenders).
After reading that auction something inside me said theres something not right here.I dunno. :?
Like Neil said BE CAREFUL!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
I can't understand why someone who doesn't live in a country where they drive on the left side of the road would want a right hand drive car, unless it is deliver mail in.

:?
especially since the auction reads like the seller is shady and seems to be a conversion, not an original siR. crap on that.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I just looked at it again, it needs a new muffler for one, and the panels don't line up at all. The corner lights don't line up to the headlights, nor do the doors apear to line up properly. Either that or trim is missing. I also don't get why one would strip an SiR, paint it, then sell it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
I can't understand why someone who doesn't live in a country where they drive on the left side of the road would want a right hand drive car, unless it is deliver mail in.

1. It's much easier to get up in another drivers face when you are experiencing road rage.

2. Put a big fake wheel on the left side for your dog to put it's paws on while you travel the countryside - extra points if the dog stickes it's head out the left side window while on the road.

3. Much more convienient to have the drive through servers spill your food directly onto your seat for you, rather than have them hand you the food first then you spill it.

4. When you are drunk and crashed on the side of the road, you can make a convincing case that you were not the driver, and that the steering wheel in front of you is an elaborate frame up.

5. If you find another CRX with the same paint job, you can have fun pretending to be it's evil twin. Just drive next to him, stare at him, and mimic his every move... then shoot the tire out on a gasoline tanker - you are the evil twin remember!

6. On really long road trips, you and your buddy can drive side by side, letting your significant others yak it up while letting the drivers drive, damn it.

7. Allows you to tag trucks with your signature as you let them pass by.

8. Go to a local megachurch, lean out your window (steering with your foot) and do donuts in the parking lot screaming "The Devil has possesed my car! Bless me, quick Bleeeessssss meeeeee!!!

9. Offer that friend who really likes fast cars a chance behind the wheel of your car. When he gets in the left side and you on the right, you can just look over and say "Sorry, I guess this car just likes me to drive it. Don't you? Don't you boy? Yesss". (Then disolve into that babytalk that makes dogs look at you funny).

10. you can now proudly tell people you haven't seen in awhile that you are now a "switch hitter", you can "shift with my left or my right", "I like getting in the OTHER door", "I can drive on both sides of the road now". Trust me, they will know EXACTLY what you mean.

·
Registered
913 Posts
xxpaulcpxx said:
MarkWilliamson said:

1. It's much easier to get up in another drivers face when you are experiencing road rage.

2. Put a big fake wheel on the left side for your dog to put it's paws on while you travel the countryside - extra points if the dog stickes it's head out the left side window while on the road.

3. Much more convienient to have the drive through servers spill your food directly onto your seat for you, rather than have them hand you the food first then you spill it.

4. When you are drunk and crashed on the side of the road, you can make a convincing case that you were not the driver, and that the steering wheel in front of you is an elaborate frame up.

5. If you find another CRX with the same paint job, you can have fun pretending to be it's evil twin. Just drive next to him, stare at him, and mimic his every move... then shoot the tire out on a gasoline tanker - you are the evil twin remember!

6. On really long road trips, you and your buddy can drive side by side, letting your significant others yak it up while letting the drivers drive, damn it.

7. Allows you to tag trucks with your signature as you let them pass by.

8. Go to a local megachurch, lean out your window (steering with your foot) and do donuts in the parking lot screaming "The Devil has possesed my car! Bless me, quick Bleeeessssss meeeeee!!!

9. Offer that friend who really likes fast cars a chance behind the wheel of your car. When he gets in the left side and you on the right, you can just look over and say "Sorry, I guess this car just likes me to drive it. Don't you? Don't you boy? Yesss". (Then disolve into that babytalk that makes dogs look at you funny).

10. you can now proudly tell people you haven't seen in awhile that you are now a "switch hitter", you can "shift with my left or my right", "I like getting in the OTHER door", "I can drive on both sides of the road now". Trust me, they will know EXACTLY what you mean.
:lol: :lol:

OMG so true, there is so much fun involved with RHD. I used to keep a spare steering wheel for my passenger to hang out the window while making left hand turns etc. Always have a camera handy to capture reactions of the vehicle behind you.

Theres tons of hicks up here that say "Hey ya'll, ur drivin on the wrong side o' the road!"
And I reply "I'm on the same side of the road as YOU, aren't I?", and drive away as they ponder this thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.