Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my town there is not a drag strip so we race just about anywhere there is 2 lanes and no kids! situation.1 ...you are racing and u pass 1 impalla cop what do u do. situation 2 you are racing and u pass 1 Suv cop what do u do. situation 3 you are racing and u pass 2 cops what do u do?
This may or may not have happened to me i just wanna see what you guys n galls would do in this situation . remember we have no track to race at they are hours away. and there are no helicopters.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
SETI20 said:
If you managed to overlook a cop you really need to re-think your priorities.

If you want to drive fast, do it so that you can only kill yourself in the process. Oncoming traffic, or overlooked traffic does not fit in that picture.

In the end it's not worth it. Plus real men eat corners...anyone can floor it on a straight.
Exactly! And welcome Seti!!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
The thing that naturally comes to mind is "nah I can never let that happen to me" but in a split second it can...

Don't let this 7 year old pic of me be you:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... babyyy.bmp

...of course almost no one wants to learn from other people's mistakes

Hope you get as lucky as I did.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn ya see im a corner type of guy thats one of the main reason why i love the crx. i wanna get a 87 si to race autocross this summer but i have to start working nights to fund it. when i do race straight line im a 0-60 type of guy. if you not ahead by the end of 2nd gear your not gona wwin . i only race straight line out in the country 5 miles from my house there is a 5 miles straight away. cornfields on both side no intersection. i try not to race anywhere else.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well I could tell you what an Idiot you are for street racing, and lecture you about it.. or I could answer your question..

My answers are as follows...

If its just me and the guy im racing, and the one cop.. then i hope I am currently beating the guy im racing, and that when the cop pulls him over he can keep his mouth shut about who it was in the "other" car...

If its just me and the guy im racing, and there are two cops.. depending on how close they were to us.. if they were close.. Id pull over and take my medicine.. if they were far from us.. like they were sitting on the side of the road when we blew past them... then see answer 1

I live in a real rural area of the country... Nebraska to be exact.. And although we do have a track close.. its not open 24hr a day... so yeah.. sometimes we do go out into the country and find a nice long smooth section of black top and race on it...

HOWEVER.. when we do do this.. we always station people at any intersection there may be, and we have people at the beginning and the end of the "track" and we all run 2 way radios to keep in constant contact...

So basically, when we go out to "street race" we totally take the road over and control it as much as possible.

Once again.. it is pretty risky to race like that, and its just down right retarded to try and race anyone IN TOWN! and I dont care what anyone on here says, from time to time every one of us will get into a little speed contest with somebody.. All im saying, is that if your going to do it.. find the most secluded road you can, control that road, and then go..

later

Sneak

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Sorry, but street racing sucks. I've done, yes, but its one of the most retarded things you can do. I probably wouldn't be walking right now if it wasnt for some dumbnutz street racing, and I definitely would have my truck, and not gone through the stress I've had to in the last month. If it wasn't for some street racing punk, I could have had a product on the market also, but I lost a good two weeks of my school time to deal with insurance claims, reports, ect....

White tails live all across America and Canada

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
There are some good replies here. Healthy discussion is never a bad thing, however, keep in mind that this thread topic is treading in dangerous waters. I just want to make one thing very clear before this discussion continues.

The CRXCommunity does not condone or support illegal street racing (or any other illegal activity, for that matter).

Topics/discussions that promote illegal activities will be closed. I think this is a pretty reasonable expectation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ya know that's funny Mark, we usually just will take the first guy who stops. Then drive to the other participants home, if we get the tag #.
Funny thing last week. I actually gave chase to 2 ATVs!! They were racing side by side down a 4 lane divided highway about 5pm. One guy stops, other guy slows down then books it into the woods. :lol:

·
Registered
912 Posts
OK, personal experience. I had my CRX for 2 months, and my high school is on an Air Force Base. I ended up doing the dumbest thing ever in my life. I was raceing my friend(for the FIRST TIME) and someone got our license numbers. We were caught 4 minutes later and both of us were kicked off the base for 1 year. Banned. Now, we go to school on the base, but were not allowed on. Short story...we both have to go to a different school, away from all out friends and things we like. Because of one stupid thing. This could have been a lot worse. I almost had to spend time in a federal prison because it was on a military base. I dont care if you have to drive to hell to get to a racetrack, street raceing is not worth it. This isnt directed at anyone, but everyone seems to me mature here. We all should be that way on the road to.

·
Registered
859 Posts
what would i do in this situation, exactly what i did the last time that happened, pull over and let them put you in the back of there car, you are stupid enough to race then you should suffer the conciquences,i ran the first time.... got away, ran the second time but i took a main street, aparently radio travels faster than a than a miata :roll:

simple lesson just don't race..........on the street

·
Registered
913 Posts
We're all guilty of speeding/racing at some point. Eventually it will catch up to you, and you'll learn to be responsible with the power under your foot and slow down.

·
Registered
731 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
The problem with this is that I normally light up both cars, and if the guy losing pulls over, I'll pass him up and chase down the "winner."
You lied to us about the crown vic huh? You've got an unmarked vette don't you? Either that or the guys you've caught weren't very fast that you can get the tag# on the loser then still chase down the winner. Regular cruisers do mid 15 in the quarter mile don't they? Oh, and do you have one of the supercharged ones?

Also, did I hear someone say something about whitetail deer? where... where... where?

·
Registered
159 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Also, did I hear someone say something about whitetail deer? where... where... where?
Man, do we have DEER!! you wouldnt believe the deer population here in Nebraska!

Heu, If you ever want to go deer hunting.. you can sure crash at my place.. Im not much of a hunter myself, let alone bow hunting.. but i would sure put you up for a week during hunting season if you wanted to try out Nebraska Whitetail!

later

Sneak

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Not to jack the thread... but does anybody else have moose where they live? NH is full of them, I imagine they would be good to hunt too (a lot more meat).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts