Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
rexb16a said:
i have a b16 first gen and the bottom left head bolt the nut just spins. i'm not sure if it's the nut or the bolt and i need to remove it. Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do??
Do you have a picture of the bolt? I'm not sure which one you are refering to.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I think with the ARP bolts there are long bolts you tighten with an allen wrench then you install the head, then put on the nut. I think the stock bolts are all one piece. Is that what is there, the stock ones? Its spinning? If thats the case you are stripped into the block.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
if the top of your bolt looks just like a bolt head then its the stock bolt. . .
if you see a hollow nut there than you have studs. . . if they are studded then ou are in luck.. . mabye if the nut just stripped. . it sounds to lme thought like you stripped the steel head bolt off in the aluminum block which is easter to do. . . . you could be screwed here. . . your probably going to have to take the head off again and look at it closer. . . you could possible helicoil it... but you would onl have one shot to get it right. . . before the block is screwed. . . .might want to let an engine shop do that for you. .

good luck

Chris

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
ha ha wow. .. . .Just a valve cover bolt. . . . you are one lucky man. .. you had people there thinking that you had a cylinder head bolt stripped. . .which basically means that the engine is ruined. or at best would need some crafty repair to make it close to right agian. . . you are lucky. .just cut the bolt off. . . you will be able to see what you have to repair once you get the cover off. . . good luck to you and post back with some pictures if you need help. .

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try pulling all the other nuts off and lift the valve cover a little. While holding it up a lil bit try to un-screw the what ever one seems stripped. The pressure from the cover being lifted may help it un-screw. Other wise your probably going to have to cut it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.