Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed front and rear upper strut ars on the Si today and must say they are a excellent mod. These were even the ebay specials made by Bomz I would like to see the difference between these and lets say DC. Not as mant rattles, noticable stiffer chassis especially when going over manholes and such. Also less flex when the car is jacked up. I think I am going to get the lower set now. Big thumbs up. Only problem I had was getting it to fit right around the front fuse box under the hood and slight trimming of the rear panels.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
daveb91 said:
Only problem I had was getting it to fit right around the front fuse box under the hood and slight trimming of the rear panels.
I've been looking for a rear strut bar (other than DC Sports) that doesn't require the trimming of the rear panels. I currently have a DC Sports one, but the bar has too much flex in it to be useful. DC strut bars don't require trimming of the rear panels. Maybe once I get my mig welder, I'll have to fabricate up a stiffer bar that'll fit without trimming the panels..... or, I could just remove the rear panels all together. LOL

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For about $36 I didnt think I would be out much. I wouldnt buy these from Bestcarpart though I had a nightmare of a time getting them. He wouldnt answer email in a timely matter. He shipped through DHL and tried to say the delay was because DHL lost the shippment but DHL said they never picked it up from him when they stopped by. I think he ran out of stock and was trying to buy time because he got neg feedback from a group of people at the same time. I think procarparts sells the same stuff on ebay.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
DHL is a gong-show delivery company. They've managed to find a way to screw up every single delivery that I've attempted through them. Once, I paid $330 to ship an item via 2-day delivery to France, and they took 6 weeks to get it there because they delivered it to the UK...and the UK DHL sent it back to the US...and the customs papers weren't for the US, so it got seized by US Customs until they could prove it wasn't for delivery into the US. As you would expect, I demanded a full refund for the delivery costs...and they argued with me for 4 weeks before giving it to me. I actually had to speak with the regional vice-president to get a refund. My advice: Stick with UPS if you need a courier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i purchased a set of 'ebay special' bars a while back and have had a noticable difference in it as well. trimming out the rear interior to make room for them was kinda iffy, but it can easily be trimmed with some sort of rubber to keep it looking nice. id say well worth it, not sure on any of those 'real brands' but im happy with my cheapos.

beau

·
Registered
29 Posts
I managed to get a front upper neuspeed strut bar off ebay for $70 shipped. And it was money well spent! I'd love to get a rear set , but *cough* the sub box I have back there is just too big...

·
Registered
529 Posts
cloors said:
I'd love to get a rear set , but *cough* the sub box I have back there is just too big...
Werd.

Dave, can we see some pics of the rear bar? and where you had to trim too.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I like my welfare ebay jobs.... .they work decent.... a little flimsy and the fit is not great around the underhood fuse box but workable..... what do ya want for 40 bucks... have them on the race car.... .. if nothing else at least they look purty !!!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts