Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Neuspeed front upper strut bar from a guy for $30 shipped and recently purchased two rear solid bars. Got both the upper and lower SOLID rear bars for $175 shipped. I already have the front one on and put the rear upper one on yesterday. Gonna try and do the rear lower one today. Don;t have pics of them installed yet, but will try to get some soon.

Neuspeed front upper strut bar

Rear upper strut bar
To install you will need to notch out the plastic in order to get it to fit, but it looks pretty sweet and hopefully will perform well!

Rear lower tie bar

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I wish someone would make a rear bar (without hinge joints) that would fit without having to notch the plastic. I guess there isn't much room to work with if the interior panels are still installed in the car. I have a DC Sports one that doesn't need notching of the plastic, but it is "hinged" at the shock tower mount brackets, so I don't know how much good it really does.

Once I get a welder, I think I'll ghetto fabricate one that uses thick threaded rod so I can "extend" it to put a little bit of tension on the shock towers. It won't look pretty, but there won't be any hinges in the design.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stickershop said:
I wish someone would make a rear bar (without hinge joints) that would fit without having to notch the plastic. I guess there isn't much room to work with if the interior panels are still installed in the car. I have a DC Sports one that doesn't need notching of the plastic, but it is "hinged" at the shock tower mount brackets, so I don't know how much good it really does.
This is why i looked and went ahead with getting these. No hinges but i do sacrifice some plastic when i notched it out. It doesn't really bother me since it does serve a purpose and should perform much better than a hinged bar.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
SETI20 said:
OMP rear solid bar.
No hinges...no notching. Unless ofcourse you want to install those 2 small covers again. d'uh.
Seti, can you show us a picture of that bar? Th eonly pic i could find was this:

on this website:

http://www.ompracing.it/lista.php3#

and I don't see straightaway how that would mount into a crx.
**scratches head**

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Most braces mount to the bolt locations of the top hats. With all the flex going on there they tend to lose some of their rigidity.
These mount directly to the shock. Don't look as purty..but if I'd wanted bling I would have gotten something chromed.

I mean...yellow? ugg...almost as ghastly as koni shocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.