Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a JG throttle body. The idle screw was stuck and pretty striped. I tried to get it going (pb, large screw driver, impact screw driver...) and could not.
Can I just drill out the screw and put in a new one (which is $12 from the dealer!)?
Whats that tool called that gets stuck/broker bolts/screws out? Easy out?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
You can try easy outs. You will need to drill into the screw though to get a bite on it. There are two types of easy outs too. One is a square shaped bit with blades on each corner. I've seen those work well, but I haven't had too good of luck with them. Then there are screw types. They look like a coarse threaded screw. Those have worked well for me, in the past.

You may want to try to drill it out. You can drill a hole a through the center, then just inside from the edge, to create a slot. The screw should be able to be crushed and removed without (or minimal) damage to the threads.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The tool you are talking about is called easy out or bolt out. I'm not sure which one. Can you just not turn the bolt? Did you get all the compound out from around the screw? I had trouble with mine but I got the bolt loose by putting my solder iron on the compound stuff that is around the bolt. Then it turned just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.