Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's getting colder out, my hatch struts are working less and less. I think only one is bad, because the hatch goes up and sometimes stays. This morning it came down on me -again- while I was getting stuff out of the trunk. I've heard there is another kind of strut that will work, maybe off a Pathfinder or something, that's a little stronger than the stock CRX type. Anybody using anything else, or should I get the normal ones?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I replaced mine with MightyLift struts from Napa. They have held up great so far for two years. The only downside is you cant re-use the little plastic garnish over the joint with them...its not really noticeable.

They cost about half as much as OEM ones.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Hot air increases the pressure in the tubes.
I find my car opens alot easier on hot days than cold ones. I have had mine come down on be before I replaced them with aftermarket ones.

Flamegurls crx has rediculously strong struts. The rear wing physically punched me in the face when I first tried to open the car and gave me a bloodied lip.

...dont laugh! Its not funny!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I replaced my original hatch struts about six years ago with MightyLifts. They haven't missed a beat in all that time. Of course I live in the south so "cold" is a relative term. I've personally have had great luck with them.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.