Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just test installed my 1991 seats in my 1989 rex. Fit PERFECTLY. Maybe the guy I bought it from had already put 88-89 rails on it. I thought that only three of the four bolts was supposed to match up.

Now, I wore out the bolster on my original seats and don't want to do it to these. Some suggestions were to put a T-shirt on it, push the seat all the way back to get in or out, or to hold the pillar and kinda swing my enormous buttocks into place.

What does everyone recommend for a tasteful solution?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Just a t-shirt isn't going to cut it - It will save the cover, but the forces exerted on the foam every time you get in and out will kill it eventually. It's probably more work than you're interested in, but installing an oh-**** handle on the drivers side would be good. You could use just the A-pillar for the same function, but it may get slick in wet weather.
[edit]yay censorship. :?[/edit]

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh-do-do handle. :lol:

Actually, I grab the windshield by the pillar on the outside. How would i mount an Oh-feces handle on the pillar?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hmmm...a gym membership? :wink: Actually, I'm one to talk... I should get back to the gym as well.

As for getting in and out of the car, after much practice, I now get in and out of the car without dragging my butt down the bolster. I try to encourage my passengers to do the same....with little success :?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I'm working on it. I have started walking every day. It will take awhile though.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Yeah, just practice. I have perfect seats in mine, all original. And they stay that way by me maneuvering my butt in and out of the car very carefully. Definitely the most stylish way to protect the seats.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now you tell me. I put off installing them cause I thought it would be a PITA.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Yup...that only holds true for USDM CRX's though. 89-91's are a bit of an oddball in the US because of the seatbelts being mounted to the seat and not to the floor of the vehicle. 88 USDM CRX seats bolt down the same as 88-91 CRX seats from Japan, Canada, or Europe.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Charles said:
How would i mount an Oh-feces handle on the pillar?
Well, the handle mounts by a locating tab and screw at each end. The required holes are present in the sheet metal on both sides of the car, but only the passenger side has threads (a nut welded to the back side I immagine) for the mounting screw. From the looks of it, fishing a nut in there would be a pain, let alone welding it... Maybe JB weld? It only has to keep the nut from turning when you thread the screw into it. Anyway, once you have threads you would just have to drill a couple holes in the pillar trim (it's marked on the back side as I recall) and attach the handle.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
A JDM Pillar maybe? :p

Or, you could cut out a square around the holes, weld a nut onto the back of the piece and then weld it back in. It would be a pain to do.

·
Registered
247 Posts
what about tilting the steering up too? with the wheel tilted low, there isnt much leg room to get in and out. i usually grab onto the wheel itself and kinda slide sideways into the car. one time i was going a bit too fast and bruised up my hip something fierce on that damn seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts