Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to getting the gas tank pulled from the HF.
I managed to get it loose before I had to goto work. (Damn goose neck hoeses) My friend took it out the rest of the way, and after I called him....and I quote "I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and it looked like a corndog..." I knew there was a messed up smell when took out the fuel level sensor.

This is really bad..... :shock: So my question is...What all should I be concerned about, besides clogged fuelines, and bad injectors.

I plan on taking the tank to a garage and getting them to clean it out for me via high pressure.
Im not entirely sure any of this nasty gas made it to the front of the car....I smelled normal gas when I loosened the fuel filter to relieve any fuel pressure...

So....any advice? Any and all would be great! :cry:

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I'd definitely replace the fuel filter first, buy two actually. One for getting it going and another after a few miles. They're cheap.

You can also go ahead and get new injectors and a new fuel pump. They're worth upgrading anyway. :p Then take off the fuel rail, FPR, and flex hoses in the engine bay and clean them out.

I'm not sure what to do about the hard fuel lines. If you've got deposits in there, they may be flushed out when the fuel pump pressurizes the lines, or they may stick there. Maybe run some compressed air through there.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.... Anybody got any HF fuel injectors laying around? :p All I have is a set from a d16a6....which are 240cc. And I'd rather not use those...they are in really good shape. I had planned on keeping the stock motor till spring....

I knew I should takin this thing to a garage and had them put up with it lol... :lol:

Ill use a used fuel filter to start off with, run some fuel line,injector cleaner through it.....run it and then put a new one on, and probably change it again to be on the safe side lol.

The bad thing is....I bought a walbro 190lph pump brand new to put in it. Now Im not so sure I want to put it in there. Well I guess as long as the tank is clean it will be fine....right?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...240cc SI injectors would be to much, yet alone h22 injectors for the lil 1.5l 8 valve HF motor... :lol:

hmm..
I just happen to have OBD2 injector clips, and I know where the 190cc d16y7 injectors for them are....

Krix your a genious!!!!, You just gave me the perfect idea! 88-89 HFs have peak and hold 190cc injectors....Sooo...

Ill just swap in the OBD2 190cc d16y7 injectors without the resistor box....
Muahahahahah! :twisted:

OH, and thanks for the offers though! I have to have this car running soon as the inspection is out on my 89 si...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I got back to my friends place this morning, and got a good look inside the gas tank... I think Im just gonna get a new tank and use the fuel pump assembaly from the parts car. Im not trusting this gas tank one bit...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I got the tank and pump in from the parts car, it was a little dented....but it didnt leak and ran the car before it was pulled.

But now it leaking around the fuel lines badly.....? Im not enitrly sure, how because after working on it in freezing wether while its snowing ,I said screw it and Im going to mess with it some more tommrow....

Can you over tighten the hard 14mm fuel line, where it monts to the chasis?
I dont think I did, but wondering if its possible.
I may pickup some new clamps tommrow and see what happens, some of the old ones were a bit weak and rusty.

But at least the fuel pump works!! :x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.