Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. ive got a question. im notieing a sulfur smell when i put my petal on the floor and some white smoke out of the exhaust. i thought it was the cat but its not the muffler guy said the cat was fine and that it was a fuel issue has anyone else had this issue? ive changed the plugs and wires and the air filter is almost new. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I thought that sulfur problems were only related to Diesel engines.

unless someone put a little diesel in the gas tank by accident.

did you put sea foam in the tank by any chance?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mossin_90 said:
I thought that sulfur problems were only related to Diesel engines.

unless someone put a little diesel in the gas tank by accident.

did you put sea foam in the tank by any chance?
nope no sea foam or diesel. the gut at the muffler shop said that the smell is from un burned fuel being superheated in the cat what would cause the car not to burn the fuel. for some reason im only getting aprox 20 mpg if that helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys just got back from the muffler shop and the cat checked out. he said that i may be the fuel mixture and when he stuck his finger in my week old exhaust pope it came out covered in oil rededue(sp) any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
unless he took the cat off and checked it out. its hard to say that it is clogged or not clogged. I have a brand new chrome ebay " CAT " just sitting here. make me a decent offer on it and its yours. From the sounds of it. this really appears to be your problem..

Pm me for details if interested.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.