Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting nice out and I'm sick of my semi-broken old roof. I have a new complete assembly that's been sitting here... but it came off a teal car! I was just looking at it, trying to figure out how to get the trim off the panel so I can paint it. Am I going to have to tear it off and get a replacement trim piece? When I get the old one off, I plan to use the panel for a lexan mold, is the rest of the thing worth selling? The problem with it is the panel isn't attached right, I think the little lift-up arms are messed up, and of course the panel is rusted really bad, I've only seen worse at a junkyard.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a comprehensive writeup on the Sunroof... if anybody is interested please PM me, and i will make sure to send it over to you.

Tom yours should be in your inbox

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have a complete extra assembly, and a new headliner, got it for $75 as part of a trade with a friend. So should I use the manual crank to open it and then take the panel off?

·
Registered
711 Posts
coz said:
Why not post it?
Good point... let me try when i get home. I didn't think to do this before because i wasn't sure how to upload a file, but i'm thinkin i'll upload it to another website and link to it.

The reason i didn't post it in text is because its a .pdf

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are you looking for? I'm going to put in the whole assembly I have out of the car now, but the other one works fine, you will just need a new panel. One of the rails looks a little messed up, but it functions normally. I just realized that my closing problems were the back bolts on the panel, I didn't put them back in when I last took it apart.

·
Registered
529 Posts
downest said:
What are you looking for? I'm going to put in the whole assembly I have out of the car now, but the other one works fine, you will just need a new panel. One of the rails looks a little messed up, but it functions normally. I just realized that my closing problems were the back bolts on the panel, I didn't put them back in when I last took it apart.
the panel is the main thing i need, but i figured i'd go ahead and replace the rails too

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
my sunroof also has rust, just on the front edge though, and it likes to not close all the way at times. so i'm leaving it alone until it warms up around here and I want to use it.

coldtotouch, i'm also interested in that sunroof pdf. i'll pm you.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
my sunroof also has rust, just on the front edge though, and it likes to not close all the way at times. so i'm leaving it alone until it warms up around here and I want to use it.

coldtotouch, i'm also interested in that sunroof pdf. i'll pm you.
It has been sent!
Let me try posting this file up here now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.