Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to change the sun roof switch it is to the left of the steering wheel. I can't find the screws to get off the plastic stuff. Where are they>

·
Registered
731 Posts
There are no screws, just one retaining clip and a tab on the top and bottom of the back side. Take off the fuse access panel and look up there, you'll see what I mean. Push with your thumb/fingers from the inside out on one of the tabs followed by the other. It'll undo itself and come loose.

side note: what's your problem and why do you think it's the button?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Muddy said:
Ok I poped out the sun roof switch and put in a new one. It works now!
congrats! unfortunately my sunroof needs more extensive repairs....argh!

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
The switches occasionally go bad, but they're not permanently dead. What typically happens is the contacts on the inside get dirty or contaminated, and no longer have the electrical continuity they once had. Opening them up and cleaning them up, maybe lightly hitting the contacts with high-grit sandpaper, should fix them good as new.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Also, don't throw away old sunroof buttons. In untaken spots in the dash, they make great momentary push button switches for starter interrupts that wont be suspected. Shhhhh...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Also, don't throw away old sunroof buttons. In untaken spots in the dash, they make great momentary push button switches for starter interrupts that wont be suspected. Shhhhh...
cool idea. i have an extra sunroof switch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.