Honda CRX Forum banner

Suspension Technique sway bars

8K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  mattminerDOTcom 
#1 ·
I bought some Suspension Technique Sway bars for my 1990 civic si .
What are the Black brackets for ?
Anything I should know before installing them ?

See less See more
#15 ·
I had upgraded sways front and rear for a long time...I was much happier when i reverted back to my stock crx si front sway, and would switch to an HF one if i oculd find one.

-M@

#17 ·
Rob, I have the same rates you do and I don't see the need for the front sway on the street. Do you road race? I know a guy who road races his EG and like a huge front bar, but I personally don't think it's necessary on the street or in autoX.
On my car, instead of using a large rear sway, I got the SPC camber correcting control arms. Pulls the camber in back there and helps rotation A LOT (matt can vouch for that). Also they weigh less, so I'm saving weight by using less. Also my LCAs won't bang on the exhaust :wink:

#18 ·
450/550 here. I had stiffer springs in my integra, and im not sure i liked it better (8k/10k in that). Im probably going to upgrade to Koni SPSS shocks next time, but besides that im very pleaased with my suspension on this car.

-M@

#22 ·
well I installed them today. what a huge difference ! everything is so much tighter !
1 lil problem, on the front bushings, the bracket is too small, so its crunching the bushing. The mechanic said the bushing/bracket is too small for the bar.
It fits inside, but its crunching the bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.