Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a longblock B20 engine at my disposal. I'll be getting it installed by the Honda guy at the dealership I used to work at.

What I need to know is what it will take to make this work? Is the wiring and the mounts all the same? Will it plug in and bolt up? Do I absolutely need the B18 ECU? What else? Also... depending on the condition of my B16 head.... I might just get them to throw that on there as well. The service advisor at the dealership actually has a LS-VTEC CRX... so he's been very helpful.

Thanks for any input folks!

Jeff

Edit: Screw the B18 boys... I have myself a complete B20. Been researching all morning on the swap and its the same deal as LS VTEC, but with 26 ft/lb of torque overtop of just an LS block.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm not sure about the actual mounts...you may need the additional bracket on the back of the block to make it mount up. (same as with mount a B18 in a USDM crx with hasport mounts).

As for the wiring, it might be a little goofy, but treat your car as if you have a USDM car with a B16A swap in it to start, and then go from there. I would recommend either chipping your ECU to run a more appropriate fuel map, or using the ECU that's meant for the engine. (depends on which obd you plan to run)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Check the stamp code on the block. The B16A will only work with the B20Z or B20B engine. And the B20B sucks.

The B20A etc will -NOT- work. Atleast not with a VTEC head.

Thing to keep in mind is that the B20 will want more fuel than the B16. The ECU does not understand that.... so you'll need to have it chipped for that.

Apart from this, just about everything will bolt over from your B16.
So it's pretty much like an LS/Vtec swap. Get the oil line kit from stealthmode performance. Good pricing, great quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts