Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for swapping 98 B20 into CRX with a 93 B18A do i need new mounts, ecu, wiring harness???

I am in need of knowing what all I will need to complete the swap.

I assume the tranny in the car will connect to the new motor?

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wont need a different wiring harness? and i wont have to worry about the ecu on the b20 not working or worry about what ODB?

I really appreciate the help.

· Registered
2,472 Posts
I'm not sure that is true.
The 93 B18a is obd1. The 98 b20b is obd2 so you would have to use the harness from the b18 to plug in. The dizzy plugs are also different right? The ECU from the b18 may be ok but to run optimally, I would think you would have to chip it to accomodate the extra 200cc's.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the motor in the car is a crapper and it runs like ****. i am not sure if its just the problems with the engine itself or if the ecu is also crapped out. is that possible?

i bought the car and the guy who sold it to me took out the stock crx motor and put in the b18 and did a bad job of it.

optimally, what would you also do when swapping? will this motor need new shift linkage?

· Registered
253 Posts
if he did a bad job of it i would go over it and check his work, no sense getting more headaches down the road because of someone else's mistakes. if you where starting from scratch with a b-series swap you would need mounts, wiring, tranny, hydro adapter if you are using a hydro tranny, axles, shift linkage, ecu, obd0 to obd1 conversion if you want to run an obd1 ecu, may need to modify the exhaust can't remember. here is the swap guide on the forum.

http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=173

hope that helps

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you guys know what the easiest way to find out kind of ECU is in the car now? THis all gets a bit confusing to me so i am trying to find out what i will need to do the swap. I assume I will need atleast a new wiring harness? does anyone know what sort i would want to get?

and does anyone know if the tranny (93 LS) will connect right the the 98 b20?

thanks for all the help guys i really really appreciate it.

i promise ill rep you guys on the car once it finally comes to life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.