Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of my interior restoration here so i picked up some new seats from a friend out of a 94 civic.

I know i need to swap the seat pans and rails to make they seats fit but im not too sure how. Do i just need to swap the seat pans on the bottom or the back of the seat too.

pretty confused as to how to do this. i took the seat pans off the HF but i dont see how there going to fit on these civic seats.

any ideas?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill post a picture tomorrow of the HF seat next to the new seat and let you decide what you would want in your car

the HF seat is a nightmare the EG is like a dream right now and i dont care because it was free lol

i just have to swap all the stuff over i guess. i kinda hoped i didnt have to swap the bottom and the back but i figured i would have too since they two different sets wont match up

·
Registered
474 Posts
Paul said:
ill post a picture tomorrow of the HF seat next to the new seat and let you decide what you would want in your car

the HF seat is a nightmare the EG is like a dream right now and i dont care because it was free lol

i just have to swap all the stuff over i guess. i kinda hoped i didnt have to swap the bottom and the back but i figured i would have too since they two different sets wont match up
Sometimes two different sets will nearly if not entirely match up!

I had to drill one hole in the D/S seat bar for a GSR leather for my CRX, and the P/S bolts completed matched up. I have them sitting in my car looking relatively good right now, without gangsta lean either.

I really gotta get some pictures of em..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i havnt ben working on them for a few days but i pretty much figured it out. i got the seat pans swapped now i just need to bolt down the upper part of the seat. it all lines up except for one hole that i need to drill out. other than that i think its going to work out perfectly. i propped one in the car and it looked really nice to me

·
Registered
474 Posts
*thumbs up* that was the case for me, I just need to figure out how exactly to make the bolt hole work. I've ghettoed it on my D/S seat, which won't do in a collision, so I've been brain storming the right ideas for getting it 100% lately. Its near a curvature in the metal so I think I need to weld in a piece then drill through both to get it good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.