Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,058 Posts
im not piecemealing the information because im trying to hold anything back. its because you keep the discussion going in your confusion and inability to see past the extra stiffness of poly over rubber. its a totally different design. it changes how the suspension works. and i believe in a bad way.

the silver bullet is as ive said. the ES bushings do not allow the control arms to move the way that they were designed. thats not a good thing. youre trying to argue, i think, that its actually a good thing. its not. it is what it is, and its trying to make it what it isnt.

take a look again at the link i showed you. look at how the rear lower control arm does angle forward, as well as rotate up and down. the arm is naturally going to want to be in that position and ES bushings are not allowing it. in the end, the bushing will bind the suspension, cause more friction, heat up and deform causing more slop.

but all this discussion about dynamic caster is a red herring. its not pertinent to why you shouldnt run ES poly bushings. its a totally different subject.

switching out the front radius rod bushings for the sake of reducing change in caster while braking is a good thing. ive switched them out for poly too, didnt notice a difference over stock rubber. ive heard many positive responses however about switching them out for spherical bearings. look at opmautosport or sbms. same effect as your changing the whole crossmember.

continuing onto a totally different subject, but since you mentioned it, the only reason you get stiffer springs (in racing) is to limit the dynamic changes in caster, toe, and camber by limiting the suspension's movement. like i said, totally different subject.

· Registered
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hmm ok.

ive done alot of looking at those pictures on that site and im saying, ive never had bushings look like that.....my first set was on my crx for more then 2x longer then he had his and showed no wear like that when i parted out the car.

if these are all wrong, how ar ethe F7 ones right? maybe if i s see the correct way it will become easier to see whats wrong with the fronts. if they were angled or something i guess that would make sense.

i think im finally picking up that you are saying that the arms dont sit completely perpendicular to the mounts they go into, so is the stock bushing twisted back when you install it.

i thought you were saying the bushing should move like progressively or something, but now i think im getting that you mean that it needs to follow an arc defined by the angle the bushing is suppposed to be at in the inner lca mount. is this right?

[email protected]

· Registered
5,058 Posts
youre getting it.

take apart the f7 bushings. (they come apart). notice the differences. thats all i can say. im holding that back because of intellectual property rights im privy of but dont care to reveal publicly. just know they that did they best to work around the poly issue. other companies dont have a clue.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.