Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am about to get my car ready for winter. i got a quote for steelies and rubber (michelin X-ice) 876.58 CAD mounted balanced the whole sha-bang-a-bang. the steelies come in at 200$ so should i spend the 200 on steelies or just put the swirlies thrue winter. mine are in near perfect condition verry verry few paint chips. i'm just looking at opinions is it worth the 200 dollars to keep the swirlies out of harms way.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It depends on if you want to keep them nice or not. The teardrops are getting harder and harder to source, so I imagine that they will continue to keep going up in price.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Savage said:
ok so i am about to get my car ready for winter. i got a quote for steelies and rubber (michelin X-ice) 876.58 CAD mounted balanced the whole sha-bang-a-bang. the steelies come in at 200$ so should i spend the 200 on steelies or just put the swirlies thrue winter. mine are in near perfect condition verry verry few paint chips. i'm just looking at opinions is it worth the 200 dollars to keep the swirlies out of harms way.
I don't wanna run my GSR rims in the winter on my fiances Civic, so we went to the salvage yard looking for steelies (steelies would have been cheaper) but ended up getting some 86-89 Accord rims (14" aluminum alloy, 4x100 bolt pattern, came with crappy tires & center caps for under $90. Repainted them up REAL quick and they look pretty sweet, cool looking old school Honda rims for the winter! So now all i need to do is find some decent tires and mount them. I would NEVER spend $200 on plain steelies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you can get a set of steelies with tires at a junkyard for $25 each. or you can find someone with a honda that bought rims and buy there steelies.. i just sold a set of 14" steelies with tires for 75 bucks.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
baker423 said:
I would NEVER spend $200 on plain steelies.
x2... Around here you could probably (haven't checked the prices recently) get a set of 14" stealies from salvage for under $50. I immagine most of that price is going to come from them removing the old tires.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
good god! $200 for steelies? You can buy a set of stock crx si wheels for that or get steelies at a junkyard for cheap. Back when I bought my si wheels a few years back they were selling some beat up crx si wheels with tires for $50 for the set.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i dont think its that bad of a price. 200 bucks for 4 new steel wheels that are perfectly strait with 4 new tires on that are mounted and balanced

i dont think you can get much better than that.

scarponze

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
zulued said:
i dont think its that bad of a price. 200 bucks for 4 new steel wheels that are perfectly strait with 4 new tires on that are mounted and balanced
Read a LITTLE more closely...

Savage said:
i got a quote for steelies and rubber (michelin X-ice) 876.58 CAD mounted balanced the whole sha-bang-a-bang. the steelies come in at 200$

·
Registered
293 Posts
baker423 said:
zulued said:
Read a LITTLE more closely...

Savage said:
i got a quote for steelies and rubber (michelin X-ice) 876.58 CAD mounted balanced the whole sha-bang-a-bang. the steelies come in at 200$
yea i see this now :oops: you could get a set of rotas with tires for that much

junkyards sell 14 in steels for no more than 25 bucks a wheel. x4 =100
4 14 inch tires mounted and balanced 150-250

thats no more than 350 for a whole new set

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.