Honda CRX Forum banner

Tablet mount (for data) with no cutting/drilling

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RedBeard02 
#1 ·
I know a lot of autocross folks like to have a tablet or phone mounted for running data software (Solostorm, Racechrono, etc) I recently slapped together my $8.00 tablet mount. My biggest rule was no cutting or drilling into any stock plastics. What I ended up doing was removing the radio, using it's stock cage mount in the same spot and bending a piece of aluminum flat that I bolted to that cage then bolted a tablet case to the aluminum. I also added a few rubber feet of various sizes to the underside of the cage, and back of the tablet case to take up any slack and keep everything nice and still (for accelerometer) after 4 events with it, it's really worked out great! The tablet case has an inner rubber "condom" and then the poly case (bolted in place) so I can just slide the tablet in it's rubber surround in and out of the mount. I could've bought a pro clip mount for my tablet, but they're $50, this case was also $50 originally, but on sale via walmart.com for $6.00 with free shipping so I went cheap for now! I hardly use the radio, but for longer drives and event broadcasts I did keep it and bolted it to the floor with angle brackets behind the console.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.