Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Don't forget that after you tap the hole in the head, and insert the threaded plug tightly, that you take the head to a machine shop to have it resurfaced ever-so-slightly... make sure you tell them to take the absolute minimum off of course 8)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
if you did have to tap for a 1/8 npt fitting you would use a 'Q' drill bit....one size under a 7/16 (which you would use for 1/4 NPT). Its about 0.333" iirc....I guess they call it Q since theres no 8/24 drill bit haha.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ComposiMo said:
Don't forget that after you tap the hole in the head, and insert the threaded plug tightly, that you take the head to a machine shop to have it resurfaced ever-so-slightly... make sure you tell them to take the absolute minimum off of course 8)
Will tapping the head distort it? This head was just done less than 5000 miles ago and spend just one season on my b16 block.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes sense. Its just aluminum. I'll get it done. First thing is to figure out where the hole is! :lol: I won't have the engine/tranny out until next week. Just don't have enough time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.