Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im swapping my a6 head for another a6 head in better condition... the only problem is that the head im swapping in is not at tdc1.

i was wondering how i could set it at TDC, even if the head is already off the block. any tips or shortcuts i can use?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
just rotate the cam gear untill the marks on the cam gear line up... you really do not need to worry about this much untill you get the head on the engine and are installing the timing belt... . just bolt it on there and then line up your crank and cam gear according to the marks listed in the manual you do have a manual don't you? if not they are available for online viewing. . . . .not sure of the exact link but a search for crx workshop manual will find it for ya..

Good luck

Chris

·
Registered
327 Posts
If the head is off the engine,Take a tapered prybar and
stick it in one of the middle bolt holes like this:

That will keep the head from turning when you try to turn the cam..

If you try to rotate it on the engine,Make sure all the pistons
are positioned at the lowest point possible
so the valves won't hit them..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tip.

i forgot to mention that the block im using is a d15b2, so the timing marks on the t-belt cover wont match up with the cam gear notches... so im making the cam notches parallel to the mating surface of the head.

it's so much easier to do this while it's off the block cause the driver side mount would block my view.

i did a little "spring cleaning" while everything was off too. went through 4 cans of C&C and a lot of scrubbing... i'll try and post pics later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.