Honda CRX Forum banner

Teach me about crx seats

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ZeniceguyCRX 
#1 ·
I have been looking into what crx seats that have adjustable headrest.
I need an adjustable headrest so I can mount a video camera in my car a way that I saw on another site. What crx seats had adjustable headrest? or has anyone ever replaced/ swaped the little plastic pieces that the headrest post are inserted in? How do I get my headrest out? I was pulling on them pretty hard and they would not come out. I felt of a button on the plastic piece that I was talking about before and could find none.

Thanks for the help

I feel dumb asking how to remove a headrest :(

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Paul said:
they do make a camera mount that has suction cups to stick to a window.

the hatch glass on a rex would be a perfect spot for one of those
The plan that I have would save me several dollars and I think it would be a better camera spot. But I might have to resort to a suction cup mount.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Well that explains it. I thought the owner said they were si seats. That is what confused me. I thought maybe there were 2 different seats made for the si.

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the plastic pieces that the headrest post go in.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
rex2nr said:
there are two clips under the plastic trim, kinda D shaped like a hood pin clip. Pop those clips out and the headrest will slide up and out.

None of the seats have adjustable heights on them, as far as I know.
Are the D shaped pieces you talk about the pieces that you see/feel if you make a gap between the headrest and seat? I was out playing around with this piece for a little while and it did not seem like it would move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.