Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Kawasaki zx6r ninja 636 sport bike.... I also sold a crx shell for 400 and my tracker for 1100 which gives me 1500.. i e mailed this guy and offered my bike..... which has a kbb value of 5500 and he was like no way..

I have owned it since new and it is really nice 1 small crack in the fairing.. about 2 inched long thats about it....

well i offered him 1000 and my bike and he said that i got his attention.. and that for 2000 and the bike he would consider it....

well i only have 1500 i e mailed him tonight and told him 1500 and the bike is the best i can do,,,, and im going to see what happens..... still keeping the rex's i just want a daily driver.... that is cool..... currently i am driving a geo tracker that i paid 500 dollars for....

I have had fun on the bike but think its time to sell before it kills me.. as i tend to drive it like an idiot at times...

here is what his ad read..... let me know what you think.... I know its a little ricy.... but i have a nice b powered crx to take the heat that is not riced out... i just think its a nice car....

Chris

By the way what is a " CL conversion "

ACURA INTEGRA GS-R W/ CL CONVERSION ETC.!!!!!!!! - 01:51 pm, 28 February, 2006 - 2 views email the seller
For Sale: 1995 OBD-1 Acura Integra GS-R W/ CL conversion (1200$), VIS CARBON FIBER HOOD (1000$), Tanabe Medallion exhaust (900), 18" Axis Hollowspokes (2400$) with zr rated toyos, 2 amp system w pioneer 8400 mp3 cd player (2500$) Custom rear end, shaved, molded, lowered legal tint, leather, 30k on rebuild, 120k on chasis, options etc. For sale for 8500$ which is less than the parts installed in the car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
CL Conversion...he's put the headlights(maybe more front end stuff) from an Acura CL.

Have you seen the car in person? With that much "custom" work, it really depends on the quality of the work. A whackass fiberglassed bondo'd freakshow wouldn't be worth $5k....and you wouldn't be able to see that kind of detail from a picture. Unless it was really well done, I'd pass...

Using the bike as a trade for this, or any other car, limits your negotiating power. Fix the fairing and sell the bike. Use the cash from the sale and what you have saved to shop with some more leverage.

Bikes are fun. Bikes are cool...but I don't care how good a rider you are, if you own one long enough, odds are you will get into an accident. And even "minor" motorcycle accidents tend to involve at least a moderate amount of pain/injury. If you have to have one, its best to get it young, get it out of your system, hope you don't kill yourself and then sell it the first time you can bear to part with it.

{edit}...and not to pass judgement, but the fact the car is parked in front of what looks like a very nice premanufactured home, leaves me to wonder if budget was the controlling factor. Not ideal for buying someone else's project car.
Or Maybe its a doublewide and I'm worried for no reason.

·
Registered
533 Posts
For Sale: 1995 OBD-1 Acura Integra GS-R W/ CL conversion (1200$), VIS CARBON FIBER HOOD (1000$), Tanabe Medallion exhaust (900), 18" Axis Hollowspokes (2400$) with zr rated toyos, 2 amp system w pioneer 8400 mp3 cd player (2500$) Custom rear end, shaved, molded, lowered legal tint, leather, 30k on rebuild, 120k on chasis, options etc. For sale for 8500$ which is less than the parts installed in the car.
The conversion is only what it cost to get parts which i doubt was that much. I don't recall paying 1k for my VIS could be wrong and the exhaust i dont recall was a grand same with the rims lol. Another thing, a rebuild of 30k on a car that has 120mi is scarey. Means he either ragged the hell out of that motor and had to rebuild or its not a true gsr and he did a swap.

Look at the car in person. I dont think its worth it. So much easier to get another car for under that price. But I also know when all you have is something to trade plus some cash you get what you can. Look at it in person and look for things wrong. Just dont go in all deer in headlights because of mods. Bottom line is its your money, your fault if its a POS and what your going to deal with day in and out. g'luck

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
inflated prices for the mods
rebuild on a young car (by honda/acura standards)
possible halfass work done underneath the skin

equals

gotta see it in person and look it over good.

BTW, did the seller say why they are parting with it ??

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, see why they are selling. I'd be curious why they'd settle for $1500 cash and a trade after all that money (presumably) stuck into it.

http://www.body-kitz.com/enter.html?lmd=38644.013738

At that link, the VIS carbon hoods SHIP for less than $600. Not trying to shut you down on your wants, Lord knows people tried doing it to me on my last purchase, just look it over good, REAL GOOD. I got a grand knocked off my car cause of the little things I called him on. And with the inflated prices, it already sounds like his eyes are brown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts