Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, an uncle of mine called me, asking me if I'd be interested in some photography stuff he had "left over". They're a bit old, but as it turns out they're pretty damned good for oldies.

I kinda like my new~ish used hood that I traded cheaply too.
4 wire o2 sensor for a modded VT hood. Paint isn't great, but better than the fibreglass one.

Enjoy.

hmm....auto-resize don't work

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Your car is so sweet, it's a shame you can't bring it to a meet so we can all ogle over it. At least until you move stateside. 8)

I didn't notice before, but you need Tint! Is it legal over there? I got 35% tint on my rex last year, but I should have gone with 20%.

And as always, you take fantastic pics.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm afraid my picture and imaging skills way exceed the quality of the paint.
But, I'm polling some painters into having some bodywork done.

I'd love to have a tint. It would benefit greatly from it. It is, however illegal. Not that it would stop me...but I simply can't afford to have it done decently at the moment. That would set me back a good 200 bucks wich I'd rather spend on plane fare before summer is over.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Bas, is your center taillight section and the border around the right and left tails painted black? I've got a black car too, and now that I've got the windows tinted at 20% I've been thinking about ways to kinda black it out...and that's one idea...if not painting them, maybe getting some NiteShades and smoking them out a little (as well as the all-amber corners and bumper lights)...anyway it looks really good, just wondering what you did exactly.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First I smoked the parts that light up, except the reverse and fog.
Then I cleared that with UV resistant clear.
After that cured a few days, I painted the trim and center section color matched to the car, and cleared the whole thing again.

It's holding up for a couple of years now. Just a few chips around the keyhole and where you open the trunk. When I have more time I'm gonna remove them, touch it up, polish it all and re-clear it again.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Damn, NICE, what lip kit is that or is it stock for over there?
Thats exactly the kind of look at want without a bodykit.
And everybody says rotas are overated...I think you just proved them wrong.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well...OMP bars are yellow. So are the koni's so there is a theme going on :lol: I might paint it. Not sure on the color yet.

The front lip is off an 1994 civic VTi. I think it came on the coupe too.
The sides are off an 1998 civic coupe.
The rear is a modified 90 crx front lip.

Those were alot of work to make them fit nice and flush. I'm still not entirely satisfied with them as it is.

·
Registered
818 Posts
your car is really clean soo jealous and awsome pictures.. i dont know why but it seems like everyone else has some really nice places to take pics.. i dunno n e tips on taking pictures and on what to look for in a location?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wing is an OEM honda wing. It's fromn the CRX-VT. Basically the european version of the SiR. Sortof.
I can get them used in the 180-200 price range.

On the pictures...well...location is everything.
You want the background to be non-distinctive. Nothing should stick out.
Parked cars, people, colorful objects will distract from the subject.

Remember, taking pictures is a huge ego-trip. It's all about the subject.

Good locations are hard to find. I've driven around for hours to find some good ones. Looking at my pics you'll see I have a couple of favorites. The white faced wall is recent. They just finished construction.

You know what... I'll start a "how to" picture thread sometime this week.I'll need some time to set that up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
zerocool1014a said:
your car is really clean soo jealous and awsome pictures.. i dont know why but it seems like everyone else has some really nice places to take pics.. i dunno n e tips on taking pictures and on what to look for in a location?
the trick is drive around. I see a lot of people who drive around the industry part of town or all the futuristic company buildings...

·
Registered
711 Posts
zerocool1014a said:
okay stupid question.. and i feel like a noob for asking but is that a stock spoiler? if not who makes it and how much.. love that spoiler
That is infact a stock spoiler. It can be seen on the CRX SIR (in japan) and also on the CRX Special Edition (In Canada). I don't know if they came stock on the VT in Europe... i'm assuming so.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.