Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it werent for you guys, it would've really messed me up when they withdrew that $3800 from my bank account, but luckily thanks to you guys gettin me hip to that scam, it went down no prob.

Thanks alot guys for lookin out for me I couldve ruined my financial life on this one!!!!

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
He sold his rust bucket to some person in the UK... he "paid" 3800 to have the car shipped to the UK. Its a common scam on ebay... they send a bogus cashiers check which takes forever to clear... by the time it does, your car is long gone, and your bank takes away the bogus funds from your account.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Krix said:
like seti said, TOLD YOU SO! :lol:

Glad to hear everything is ok though. That could have really put a hurtin on you for a long time to come.
Yea man, I'd have been ruined if that happened!

Like Gator said, IDK how I never heard of this before.....

Oh well, I still got the ol Bondosaurus, but luckily I relisted it on eBay along time ago and I got a buyer comin to pick it up this weekend. Only payin $1200, but thats enough for me to go get a rust free one from the south :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I recommend everyone be very careful with these Ebay frauds. Some banks have started pressing charges against the people cashing fake MOs and cashier's checks from these scams. I was listening to a local financial radio show and this was the show's subject. Several people called in with horror stories about losing thousands of dollars. One woman called in and said her son had sold a Xbox. Same deal, the buyer was willing to overpay just to end it sooner. The kid cashed what turned out be a fake money order at a local bank, he was arrested and charged with fraud. The woman said the amount his attorney is costing will be a 100X more than he would've made off the Xbox....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ti Rider said:
I recommend everyone be very careful with these Ebay frauds. Some banks have started pressing charges against the people cashing fake MOs and cashier's checks from these scams. I was listening to a local financial radio show and this was the show's subject. Several people called in with horror stories about losing thousands of dollars. One woman called in and said her son had sold a Xbox. Same deal, the buyer was willing to overpay just to end it sooner. The kid cashed what turned out be a fake money order at a local bank, he was arrested and charged with fraud. The woman said the amount his attorney is costing will be a 100X more than he would've made off the Xbox....
Whaaa, wow. I remember my friend got scammed off a phone he had bid on ebay. But the mistake he made was wire transferring the money. I would think all people should use Paypal. At least they provide something to fall back on if something does go awry.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I didn't use paypal for a couple of years because I lost a couple hundred bucks through them. I ordered some motorcycle gear (Jacket and Gloves) and it never came. I checked the seller's info and since I had done the "buy it now" almost every other person had left "item not received" negative feedback. He had near 100% before that. Anyway, I called paypal, expecting my money back and they gave me 25 bucks! I asked for the rest but they said his account was overdrawn, and they couldn't give me more. After a few days of arguing, I just stopped using paypal. I only started again when I was selling a lot of CRX parts, because it's a lot easier to buy and sell stuff using it, people feel more secure. Ideally, I'd like to only do stuff locally, but obviously that's not possible.
Now a couple years later when go to use my account (this past spring), they wouldn't let me use it! Apparently I needed to confirm my bank account... ok... the one tied to the paypal account has been closed for over a year! There was an issue because I closed it. They wanted me to verify the address on the account, and I told them it doesn't even exist any more, and I don't live at that address either. They refused to let me use the same email address so I had to open a new account, and I couldn't link my main bank account to it either because it was also linked to the old one. What a pain... and to make it even more fun try calling them, they are one of the worst for customer service.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
idk I had a dispute with eBay about their coverage for car buyers, and they were going to refund me my money on a car I had bought (the bondosaurus rex) and they were gonna pursue legal action on the guy, the day their lawyers letter got to him, he called me and we worked it out outside of eBay n whatnot, but eBay was actually ready to go to bat for me.

but they are sammers, and so is paypal forsure.

·
Registered
779 Posts
g0CRXg0 said:
idk I had a dispute with eBay about their coverage for car buyers, and they were going to refund me my money on a car I had bought (the bondosaurus rex) and they were gonna pursue legal action on the guy, the day their lawyers letter got to him, he called me and we worked it out outside of eBay n whatnot, but eBay was actually ready to go to bat for me.

but they are sammers, and so is paypal forsure.
What are good spots to look for rust free cars? Is Alabama a good place? A friend of mine lives there, and he just bought a mint 94 GSR for cheap compared to here. I'm just wondering if the bodies are good in that area.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
g0CRXg0 said:
What are good spots to look for rust free cars? Is Alabama a good place? A friend of mine lives there, and he just bought a mint 94 GSR for cheap compared to here. I'm just wondering if the bodies are good in that area.
Yes, the southern states of the U.S. are a good place to find relatively rust free cars. It doesn't snow so they don't salt the roads. Even better is the southwest and Cali - Texas, New Mexico, Arziona, southern Cali. It's dry, no salted roads, no salty air (the closer you get to the Gulf of Mexico the more salt air), low humidity, little rain = rust free cars. Good luck...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.