Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd just like to thank Honda for giving us such a great car!!

I live pretty far north in BC, so my car has been parked since early November because it snows so much here. Yes, I truly live in the great white north, and a lowered CRX doesn't mix well with a couple feet of snow each week. In the meantime I've been driving my girlfriend's 93 mercury sable whenever I need to get around.

The sad fact is, I was getting used to driving that sluggish POS.

Today has been the first time in a long time the roads have been dry and clean, and I couldn't wait any longer. I stopped working on my client's database, turned off my work PC, and I took a blast down the highway in my Special Edition. It may be two degrees out, but I still had the sunroof open and the music blasting, taking her through the twisty sections!

I don't think anything can compare to driving these nimble little cars that Honda's given us and I just had to share my happiness with some like minded individuals! :D

I can't wait until summer!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Haha! I know what you mean, except that I drive mine every day. And I love every second of it. I'm taking a long trip to FL to have Composimo install an all new suspension for me. I haven't had a long trip by myself in quite a while. I cannot wait! The drive down will be sweet, and the drive back will be even better with all new suspension. Congrats on your fun drive. Sucks that you have to drive that crappy Mercury.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Does every Canadian have a Special Edition? Anyway man, I know what you mean, but like Fisher, I drive mine every day too... even in the snow. If the snow got really bad... I would get a quaife.

·
Registered
62 Posts
drive mine in the snow to. it drives better than any other honda ive owned. 87 accord lx 5 speed, and a 96 accord lx ( well it was my sis but she went to college and she signed it to me so i could drive it in the winter)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I USED to drive mine in the snow. Then I sold it.
I was always amazed at how well my rusty little Si did in a foot of snow.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Like most of us I'm sure... I drive mine everyday and love every moment of it! I never get bored, cause theres always someone staring at my JDM'ness. I always scan the road for other Hondas and tuner cars to wave or nod at, and of course for the hotties!

I (heart) my CR-X! :D

I can't sell. I just can't!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I had my rusty 87 CRX, I drove that thing in snow, sleet, rain, hail. Hell, I rallied in it and drove it through a few farmers fields, including the barbed wire (interesting drive that was).

I still can't bring myself to drive my Special Edition through muddy, snowy, salted BC roads when I have another way to get around. Before I bought it, it'd only had two owners, and both used it only as a summer car :)

She's a good car, and I can't help but baby her.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
downest said:
I drive mine every day too... even in the snow.
Me, too. Some guy at N11 approached me trying to sell me a lowering kit. I just laughed out loud! I live in Idaho! two words: cattle grates!
:p

I don't 'baby' my car at all.
We have cattle grates... you've seen my car.
If it breaks...it breaks. And sometimes something does.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can thank Honda for making the CRX...I'll give 'em a a foot in the ass for replacing it with a Del Sol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dad made me take his to court 150 miles away, and after 50 miles in to it it started snowing really bad, and I was passing all the lifted trucks and jeeps on my lowered Honda, I still have that image in my head 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts