Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leaving school, bumper to bumper traffic and took my exit ramp, accelerated when my front left (problamatic) tire blew!
of course, the rim gripped causing my car to go sideways when I was at about 70 (traffic speed) and cut across several lanes, hit the curb/grass and then under a little walkway bridge by our ballpark.
rim damage and i'll find out tomorrow what else (control arm at least, when checked at my local garage after a tow)
car could have flipped i'm sure or hit another or have gonned hit...3:55 there is a lot of traffic and nobody was around me. and i was noticing, too all the people that had hit the wall on the ramp...good thing for me there was no wall either...otherwise it would have been a good smack!!
here's the url for pics
http://photobucket.com/albums/b171/crxsitogo/
i'll post more pics there, too, shortly.
noel
i'm thanking someone upstairs for looking out for me!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Glad to hear that you're ok! I've never had a tire blow out like that before. *knock on wood* Hopefully the damage to the car isn't too extensive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there was a tear in the sidewall, so this is what i'm guessing happened...
tire had a slow leak, and every few days i would have to inflate it, it was a little colder today than hd been a few days ago when i gassed up.
i was accelerating and changing lanes, so if the tire was underinflated, it probabbly caused a little side to side movement that just ripped a hole.
just my theory.
i hope there isn't extensive damage either!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it back from the shop-lower left ball joint, and both upper control arms, left and right. (and the tow), drives good!
not to mention the rim is history, (aluminum teardrop), so now i have three si rims left...anybody need a spare?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
crxsitogo said:
got it back from the shop-lower left ball joint, and both upper control arms, left and right. (and the tow), drives good!
not to mention the rim is history, (aluminum teardrop), so now i have three si rims left...anybody need a spare?
What kind of condition are those rims in? If you weren't so far away, I'd jump right on these. I need some nice ones for my new SE.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rims are in decent condition for a daily driver, not something you want to restore, though. Two right ones, and one left. If anyone needs a spare, and is close by.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts